Please help Car Wont Start!!

This is a discussion on Please help Car Wont Start!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Please help me out, My 02 TA wont Start, No lights in the interior turn on, when door opens the ...

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Please help Car Wont Start!!

Please help me out, My 02 TA wont Start, No lights in the interior turn on, when door opens the security system starts clicking. Tested the battery its fine tested the cables to the fuse box they are fine. I turn the key and nothing at all happens no lights, the starter doesnt try and kick nothing. Any ideas? Please help me out.

Thanks

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Are the cables tight and clean? What did you do to check the battery? possibly dead cell in battery.

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    Are the cables tight and clean? What did you do to check the battery? possibly dead cell in battery.
    Battery is a brand new optima redtop. Checked the cables, at the battery and the fuse box. tested them with a Multimeter getting roughly 12. volts at the battery check the ground as well there, went over to the fuse block checked the postive connection there and the ground came up with 8. something volts.

There are absolutely no lights, no radio, nothin on when in the car everything is dead. Except for the security system light which seems to start clicking and blinking very very fast when you open the door.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Looks like both of us are having issues with our ta's I dont know what to tell ya. Mine is at the gm dealler getting a new fuel pump. I replied to your email reguarding hid's.

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    Looks like both of us are having issues with our ta's I dont know what to tell ya. Mine is at the gm dealler getting a new fuel pump. I replied to your email reguarding hid's.
    Thanks man I appreciate it! Yea it sucks to because its nice weather. For the life of me i cant figure this out, I keep thinking its the vats but then why wouldnt the light or radio turn on?

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Im not sure do you have a charger to put on it for shi*s and giggles to see if anything changes?

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

bump

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

ok so I disconnected the battery completly last night, and reconnected it this morning and now it starts? This is weird, do you all think it could be VATS or the BCM and if so which one?

Midnight Blue
    2001 WS6 TRANS AM

I have the same problems with a 2001 WS6. Ive checked everything. It seems to be hit or miss. My brother-in-law seems to think its a control module of some kind. Im not a very knowledgeable auto tech. I think I have a BCM. One way of getting around it is to turn the key all the way back and try to start again and I also, in extreme frustration hit the relay boxes.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

You can disable the VATS with a good tuner. That could be done in a worse case scenario to fix this problem, but you're better off finding out whats up with it.

-Eagle

My Neighbors Hate Me!!! lvbroham1's Avatar

Artic White
    2001 Chevy Camaro SS

Is your car an A4 or M6?

Black
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by lvbroham1 View Post
    Is your car an A4 or M6?
    Its an M6. See now after I dsiconnected the battery the car starts and seems fine. However before I did that there was no juice not even enough for the remote to work. I tested the lines to the battery and the battery and I was getting voltage. The only thing that showed some juice was the security light constantly clicking and blinking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thread Information