Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Pics rear quarter flex wrinkles dimples?

This is a discussion on Pics rear quarter flex wrinkles dimples? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; well it is still nasty overcast and i can't get enough of a contrast to show the wrinkle. I will ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    well it is still nasty overcast and i can't get enough of a contrast to show the wrinkle. I will have to try tomorrow when it is sunny. You can see it if you look down the body line, but with a camera i'm not so good.

  2. #22
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    i did wake up one day to find this little one visiting. some one should have told him its a Camaro....

    Bird pic on cardomain.com, kool-aide
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2954870/1
    Last edited by kool-aide; 11-28-2007 at 03:45 PM.

  3. #23
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    I found a pack of cigarettes wedged in my engine bay. I think I caught it on the freeway. haha

  4. #24
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    I bought a 67 firebird and found bottles of oil stashed in the front fenders

  5. #25
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    we bought a '68 Mustang with bottles of transmission fluid stuck in the quarter panels. that was a bad sign. haha

  6. #26
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    thanks maybe i can go hunt for it, cuz i just can't get the right angle with all this overcast right now.

  7. #27
    Member Frozen WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    EagleRiver, Alaska
    Age
    39
    Posts
    612

    RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

    I posted some pics of mine a while back. I will try to repost some good ones for you when I get home sunday. I'm in Washington this weekend on my way back to Alaska from SEMA. I have them on both sides pretty bad. Two of my other friends also have them on there cars also.

  8. #28
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    cool thanks. I tried looking for older posts with pics. All I found were funny pic posts.

  9. #29
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Frozen WS6 posted the pictures that made me buy my SFC's.

  10. #30
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    yeah i think i'm sold on a set of UMI 2 pt bolt on, just have to save a little money

  11. #31
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    I have the 3-point bolt ons from SLP. they're really nice, kinda pricey tho.

  12. #32
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    yeah every one says if your not going to do real serious racing the 2 pts are plenty. I'm not building a HiPo race car or even a race car of any kind. I'm just looking for a little extra help with the rattles and vibrations.

  13. #33
    Senior Member splitfinger09's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma, United
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,264

    Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

    yeah my 97 LT1 had the infamous "dimples" in the rear quarters. The 00 SS has weld in SFC's (wich I would highly recommend over the bolt in) and I have yet to have this problem.

  14. #34
    Junior Member Jeremiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Mustang Ok.
    Age
    43
    Posts
    69

    NBM
    98 Mecham TA #4 of 14

    Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    yeah my 97 LT1 had the infamous "dimples" in the rear quarters. The 00 SS has weld in SFC's (wich I would highly recommend over the bolt in) and I have yet to have this problem.
    Its not due to the SFC's, they reinforce the cabin erea only and do nothing for the rear. IMO the three point SFC's are a waist even on the most radical cars.. given they will also have a roll cage as required. The standard two point is more than most cars will ever need unless your goal is to add weight.

    The only way to reinforce the rear section of the car is with a cage. The rear bars will help support or keep the quarter panels from deflecting/flexing and causing the dimples.

    Again, there not caused by the massive torque output of your stock or bolt on cars...lol

  15. #35
    Senior Member splitfinger09's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma, United
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,264

    Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Its not due to the SFC's, they reinforce the cabin erea only and do nothing for the rear. IMO the three point SFC's are a waist even on the most radical cars.. given they will also have a roll cage as required. The standard two point is more than most cars will ever need unless your goal is to add weight.

    The only way to reinforce the rear section of the car is with a cage. The rear bars will help support or keep the quarter panels from deflecting/flexing and causing the dimples.

    Again, there not caused by the massive torque output of your stock or bolt on cars...lol
    wether its caused by the lack of SFC's or not, its def a worth while mod if you dont want your car turning into a pretzel imo

  16. #36
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    i just changed the oil in my wife's 04 sebring 2 dr. I guess cuz it can be a vert model it has factory square bracing under the floor pans. I was shocked cuz she has the coupe. She also has a factory shock brace. Of course neither compare to after market but still i was surprised.

    i told my wife that's what i will be doing to mine.

  17. #37
    Senior Member kool-aide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,220

    Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

    well hear is my best chot of a flex wrinkle in the blue sky sunlight. it is extremely hard to capture and don't blame others for not post. mine are very minor, but if you notice the shadow pattern and how it looks like a wave you will notice there are two very small wrinkles. like every says, just look down the body line right where the rear hatch and quaters meet under the pilar. it is obvious in person. guess i know what to save my money for.

    pic on cardomain.com, kool-aide
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2954870/1
    Last edited by kool-aide; 11-28-2007 at 03:50 PM.

  18. #38
    Junior Member Jeremiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Mustang Ok.
    Age
    43
    Posts
    69

    NBM
    98 Mecham TA #4 of 14

    Quote Originally Posted by kool-aide View Post
    well hear is my best chot of a flex wrinkle in the blue sky sunlight. it is extremely hard to capture and don't blame others for not post. mine are very minor, but if you notice the shadow pattern and how it looks like a wave you will notice there are two very small wrinkles. like every says, just look down the body line right where the rear hatch and quaters meet under the pilar. it is obvious in person. guess i know what to save my money for.
    Most F-bodys have the slight wave your pointing out in that pic brand new off the dealer lot. There is some distortion in that erea due to stress though. I think the dimples in question are right above the wheel well opening. They look like small door dings without the usual impact marks.

    As I said in my first post, SFC's are a great addition for any F-body reguardless of the mods. What people dont understand is they simply do nothing to help reinforce the rear section of the car.

  19. #39
    Member Frozen WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    EagleRiver, Alaska
    Age
    39
    Posts
    612

    RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

    I'm back home now and my attachment button isn't working. I'll keep trying. I am also adding a 6 point roll cage this winter since when I was rearended this summer she pushed me into the intersectsion and I almost got hit in the drivers door. Lucky for me there is no real noticable damage to the bird so I didn't have to hurt anyone for hitting my car. I hope to be able to walk away from any accident if I was in a bad one.

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virgina
    Posts
    224

    Black
    98 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Most F-bodys have the slight wave your pointing out in that pic brand new off the dealer lot. There is some distortion in that erea due to stress though. I think the dimples in question are right above the wheel well opening. They look like small door dings without the usual impact marks.

    As I said in my first post, SFC's are a great addition for any F-body reguardless of the mods. What people dont understand is they simply do nothing to help reinforce the rear section of the car.
    Yep...what J said. I'm the original owner of my 'bird, and they were there from day one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. '99-'02 TA DS Rear Quarter Panel (SoCal) - $40
    By clovenhooves in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:45 PM
  2. Dent in rear quarter...
    By Mad Bull in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
  3. Question: Do you have multiple dents in rear quarter panel?
    By allbaugh_04 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 08:11 PM
  4. Flex creases on the passenger quarter panel
    By stimpster in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:55 AM
  5. Welding on a new rear quarter panel?
    By King Tut in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 06:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •