Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Persuade Me!!

This is a discussion on Persuade Me!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have an A4. I didn't think it would bother me all that much. Don't settle; get the 6-speed....

Black
    2000 T/A

I have an A4. I didn't think it would bother me all that much. Don't settle; get the 6-speed.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Personally,I like the looks of the 'Birds better, although I'm biased as I own one. Then again, I bought it for that reason.

The Camaro just looks boring to me unless it has some exterior mods done to it. The SS is a great looking car though, the hood and spoiler make all the difference.

I also think the Pontiac has a nicer interior. If you get a T/A, it DEFINITELY will have better seats than the Camaro.

Performance wise, there really isn't much of a difference, although the Pontiac Ram Air is probably more effective than the Camaro's hoodscoop. If you look at the hoods from underneath, the Pontiac's is a straight shot, while the Camaro's has to loop around to get to the intake.

As far as A4 vs. M6, depends on how you'll be driving it. Alot of traffic and city driving, I'd say A4. The A4 is also very consistant at the track. The M6 car has the potential to be faster if driven by a good driver, otherwise the A4 will be faster if you're not a good stick driver.

The A4 can get a little boring though (I have one) and the M6 will get better highway mileage.

I bought my car manly as a DD and soemthing to cruise around town in, so the A4 works fine for me, although there are times I'd like to be able to row the gears.

None

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    The red ones are the fastest, the Chevy dealer told me so!

They told me NMB was faster... someone was lied too.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

The red ones are the fastest, the Chevy dealer told me so!

Red SS FTW.
    Last edited by levityinc3; 06-06-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: add

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

The SS is rated at 15 more horsepower due to the functional scoop. I personally like the looks of the SS.

The engine is very powerful and responds to modifications remarkably well.

The handling is superb, and the quality is outstanding - these babies rarely have problems (when we don't mess with them).

where else can you get a 320 HP six speed that is a blast to drive, inexpensive to maintain, gets very good mileage, and looks great?

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Go Z28 M6, then ad the hood & spoiler.... your going to choose your own stlye wheels i would assume, and voila, you have an SS, w/o the premium price tag....

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

You know it!
    +1 for the faster red

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Go Z28 M6, then ad the hood & spoiler.... your going to choose your own stlye wheels i would assume, and voila, you have an SS, w/o the premium price tag....
    I don't know...by the time you buy the hood and spoiler, and get them painted, you might be at the same price point as a REAL SS.

And moreso if you like the SS wheels and plan to keep them.

I had thought the same thing about buying WS6 stuff after I got my Formula.

I spent 600 for the WS6 wheels, and for a good hood, then prep and paint, I'm looking at a grand for just the hood. I now realize I'll never do it, because I just can't justify spending that much money on an appearance mod. And there are definitely cheaper ways to get "15" horsepower.

If you want the SS, hold out for an SS. Same thing if you decide WS6.

If you don't, while you might love the car you get, you'll always look at that real SS/WS6 with a sense of longing.

I say get a 6 speed. Auto's aren't as fun to me. I say do what u want but the TA WS6 has 325 horsies and it looks meaner to me. Plus camaros are a dime a dozen. Love them too just sayin

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by garcia2002 View Post
    I say get a 6 speed. Auto's aren't as fun to me. I say do what u want but the TA WS6 has 325 horsies and it looks meaner to me. Plus camaros are a dime a dozen. Love them too just sayin

Click for full size

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

grab yourself a m6 ws6 trans am and dont look back lol

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by garcia2002 View Post

Click for full size
    I see V6 Camaros and Z28s fairly regularly. However I rarely ever see any SS's.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

realistically whats going to end up happening is youll find a few online or wherever your searching and your gonna buy the one that looks to be the cleanest and overall have a good feeling that it will run good. The more rare the car the harder it is to find a clean one exterior and mechanically. Either way buy a Z28, SS or WS6 based on how well it runs and how well it looks not meaning that is has a SS hood meaning in what shape the paint and interior is. The rest of the stuff meaning hood, spoiler aftermarket parts will come in time, once you buy the car i doubt that your going to get rid of it ASAP unless something major comes up so plenty of time for customizing it the way you want, make sure the foundation is not built on sand and you have a good car to start with.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MICopper11 View Post
    I joined about a month or so ago. I've been researching the Camaro and Firebird. I'm leaning toward a '00-02 Camaro. So here are my questions.

Would I be all set with a Z28 vs the SS? I love the hood and spoiler and the fact I could say I drive an SS, but is there any differences with hp?

Everyone says I should get an auto. I don't see what the point is getting a sports car unless its a stick.

What I want you guys to tell me is why should I get a Camaro. What are the points that you like about them and dislike. I need to know as much info as I can, learning it from current and previous owners seems like a good way to me.

Thanks guys.
    if you get a trans am, youll know you have the last model ever produced and can put last of the breed emblems on it

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

I got my M6 SS for under 10k, and have never looked back Drive her everyday 100+ miles a day, the most dependable car I've ever owned. 88k when I got her, 160+k now. And stop and go traffic is nothing to me, but I've always driven sticks, so Go driving, find a good deal on a clean car, and take it I shopped around in both the T/A and SS department, it just so happened I found the better deal with the SS, you may find a different market in your area. Good luck, tell us what you decide
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 06-09-2009 at 11:55 AM.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I got my M6 SS for under 10k, and have never looked back Drive her everyday 100+ miles a day, the most dependable car I've ever owned. 88k when I got her, 160+k now. And stop and go traffic is nothing to me, but I've always driven sticks, so Go driving, find a good deal on a clean car, and take it I shopped around in both the T/A and SS department, it just so happened I found the better deal with the SS, you may find a different market in your area. Good luck, tell us what you decide
    dont listen to him, get a trans am

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    dont listen to him, get a trans am
    Don't listen to tiger, he sold his

Phantom Black Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Pontiac is the last breed so I agree with those comments.

But....

Have you thought about a GOAT?!?!

Sleeper in looks and interior destroys all F-bodies. Just my .02 cents (which is biased haha)!

Either way your in the right direction.....AMERICAN MUSCLE! All these cars are great and a blast to own!

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0LiterImportEater View Post
    Pontiac is the last breed so I agree with those comments.

But....

Have you thought about a GOAT?!?!

Sleeper in looks and interior destroys all F-bodies. Just my .02 cents (which is biased haha)!

Either way your in the right direction.....AMERICAN MUSCLE! All these cars are great and a blast to own!
    goats are expensive

Alright, I've figured out what model Camaro I want, but now I have this predicament. Do I look for a T-top or convertible. I figure with a t-top, I have the luxury of open air and a hard top, but with a vert, I have all of that air. My buddy had a Mustang GT vert and I liked it, but I'm not sure if I like the shape of the Camaro with a rag top. I think it looks sleeker with the rear hatch.

What do you guys think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information