Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

performance mods?

This is a discussion on performance mods? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Have you checked out the new L92 cylinder heads and plenums by GMPP. You'll have to have some machine work ...

Black
    99 Z28 VERT A4 DD

Have you checked out the new L92 cylinder heads and plenums by GMPP. You'll have to have some machine work done to your block to make them work.

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=12292

Throw on a set of headers and you should damn near be pushing 500 if not exceeding.

WHEN IT DOUBT FLOOR IT! 2002_ss's Avatar

SUNSET ORANGE
    2002 CAMARO SS

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Zboner i was trying to quote another user when i said nitrous is gay but honestly i don't like it at all. To me its almost like cheating, and its inconsistant in almost every car i have seen it run on.

2002 CETA 6M COUPE

$2k for a rear end is pretty high up there!

any other more affordable options when it comes to rear ends?

Red
    2001 ws6

a used one

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wretched View Post
    $2k for a rear end is pretty high up there!

any other more affordable options when it comes to rear ends?
    yeah buying like 3 or 4 at about 150 bucks a pop. you get really good at swapping them too

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    welcome to the boards mike, nice car btw, i was looking for a som, here is what i would do,

get some ported ls6 heads, or trickflow as you said before
    a 231 237 cam, good springs pushrods oil pump, if i was you i would get pacesetter headers and a ory, but cut off the pacesetter exhaust union and weld in a flowmaster one, if this makes sense, your gonna need a new clutch soon enough along with a new rear end,

as for the 3.73's i think you would be wasting your time, i went 4.10's and should have gone with a built 9" with 4.30's

you will learn that these cars have rear ends that break under stock hp, good luck on your pursuit to 500hp
    i don't think a reverse split cam is the best choice if you are going with aftermarket heads
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 02-24-2008 at 01:57 AM.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I'm running a reverse split with aftertmarket headers (who has factory ones?) with great results, albeit, granted with much less spread on the duration.

blue
    2002 chevrolet camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    The cam choice you mentioned is exactly what I have in my car. Matched with full bolt ons, a set of quality flowing heads and a FAST 90/90 intake, you should have no trouble putting down 440 - 450 rwhp N/A. As for the cam, it offers reliability on the streets, a ton of midrange power and the idle has a nice bit of chop to it.....I've been very pleased with it.

One alternative to this would be to put $6K into a Procharger, add on your most basic bolt on mods and you should easily be close to 460 - 480 rwhp. Match a cam to that combo with the right tune and then you should be close to the 500 rwhp mark.

Finally, a very easy way to hit 500 rwhp would involve a 125 - 150 shot of N20. We all have our preferences, however there is a reason why so many on this site swear by the juice.....for $1,000. you can get 150 rwhp (albeit not constant power) from a relatively safe setup. There are plenty of LS1 drivers out there that are getting a TON of passes with a 100 shot without any troubles at all. The same cannot be said for the stock 10 bolt rear end!
    i think if you got some good heads and a good cam and the procharged (i like the kenny bell myself) it you would be all over 600hundred rwhp

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

This is an old thread!

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

not too old...

i'd get the aps twin turbo kit if i had the money for that and the engine build. turbos produce more torque than superchargers, i assume because the supercharger is powered by the pulley. also, with turbos you can electronically change to street gas psi and then to race fuel mode. much easier if you plan on driving it both ways.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    i'd get the aps twin turbo kit if i had the money for that and the engine build. turbos produce more torque than superchargers
    Single turbo > Twin turbo

rapter34
    not too old...

i'd get the aps twin turbo kit if i had the money for that and the engine build. turbos produce more torque than superchargers, i assume because the supercharger is powered by the pulley. also, with turbos you can electronically change to street gas psi and then to race fuel mode. much easier if you plan on driving it both ways.
    Agreed If I had the money the fastest way to get 500 RWHP is APS TT. completly stock LS1 with 70,xxx they made over 500 RWHP. amazing.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Single turbo > Twin turbo
    not true at all, except maybe complicity and reliability. only if u are a dyno queen like most supras and fds. but twin turbo has many advantages. for example small turbo for quick spool and a very large one for upper monstrous power. although thats mostly useful on higher rpm cars...

blue
    2002 chevrolet camaro z28

I wanna kno what the best heads and cam would be to put on my ls1 i plan on gettin heads, cam, lifters, piston, crank, roller rockers, valve springs, and rods (then go with a procharger) but slp use to have this head and cam package that i really liked i called to order them the other day and they discontinued them some body give me some ideas

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

not true at all, except maybe complicity and reliability. only if u are a dyno queen like most supras and fds. but twin turbo has many advantages. for example small turbo for quick spool and a very large one for upper monstrous power. although thats mostly useful on higher rpm cars...
    To each their own.

I will never run a twin set-up. Too much heat, limited space, and a single will perform just as well on our cars...if not better.

black
    1999 T/A

"but twin turbo has many advantages. for example small turbo for quick spool and a very large one for upper monstrous power."

This is a sequential set up. and while it does have the advantage of a quick spool very few turbo systems are run this way. there are exceptions like an FD rx7 but those cars are plagued with problems such as the complicated maze of vacuum hoses that control the the turbos rot out from the heat and more. Which is why most owners upgrade to a single. If your car is set up this way and makes power and is reliable I give you mad props.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information