Thread: PCV valve

Black
    2000 Z28

PCV valve

I went through this site and never saw a thread regarding this part of the PCV system so I apologize if this is a repeat.

I have a tear in the intake portion of the PCV valve line (it is the small 2" tube that comes from the intake manifold and hooks up to the PCV valve). The boot that the PCV valve sits in is also torn. I could not find any information at any auto parts store, nor a part number or name. When I went to the local GM dealership they said that it is a "Non Serviced" item. That I would have to buy a new intake manifold instead. (I had a few choice words for them and their stupidity).

Has anyone had to replace the small 2" tube coming from the intake manifold? What did you use. Also I was looking at GM Part # 12590632 and it is the entire PCV valve system. If anyone has purchased this does it come with the tube that connects to the intake manifold? It looks like it does but of course I don't want to order it unless I am sure.

Sorry as a new poster I am unable to post pictures... 2000 Camaro 5.7L

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Last edited by MaGiK; 06-20-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Instead of spending the 100+ on a new OEM hardlined PCV system you can do what I chose to do on mine and make your own harness with some heater and fuel hose, a few clamps and a couple brass fittings. Here is my car blog post on how I did it:

Rebirth of the PCV system

I think all the parts ended up costing me around $30 to do but I also installed a catch can at the same time which I would advise if you have the extra cash. Since putting the catch can in I have had zero oil in either my TB or intake.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Black
    2000 Z28

Thanks, not a bad looking set up... Notice you went "EGRless" as well.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MaGiK View Post
    Thanks, not a bad looking set up... Notice you went "EGRless" as well.
    Oh yes, I think the EGR made it a whole month maybe before I ripped it and the AIR system out when I put headers in. Unless you are in a strict smog controlled state like CA or GA, then they are dead weight and aren't doing you any favors.

Black
    2000 Z28

Ha Ha... I am in Georgia but that emissions BS is more for the Atlanta (Metro) area... I am in Savannah. Needless to say I went ahead and switched it out already with some 3/8" hose and a 1/2" to 3/8" brass elbow... Seems to have solved that problem. Now on to the countless others...lol

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MaGiK View Post
    Ha Ha... I am in Georgia but that emissions BS is more for the Atlanta (Metro) area... I am in Savannah. Needless to say I went ahead and switched it out already with some 3/8" hose and a 1/2" to 3/8" brass elbow... Seems to have solved that problem. Now on to the countless others...lol
    I lived in the hotlanta metro area for about 10 years, I know first hand how much BS that their scans are, haha. I spent a couple weeks on Tybee a few years ago, awesome place. I'm glad to hear you got the issue sorted out. Mine never seems to stop having issues. Cheers!

Chris

Thread Information