Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PCV Grommet-Catch Can-Cat Conver GM Replacement

This is a discussion on PCV Grommet-Catch Can-Cat Conver GM Replacement within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by matthewaqui Thanks for the do it yourself PVC jar.... I order one of the air catcher just ...

white
    2002 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Thanks for the do it yourself PVC jar.... I order one of the air catcher just a couple days ago....... but will likely try this one for my other TA.

How did you mount it to your engine? I can only imagine a large O-ring with a drilled hole and some screw....

Thanks Buddy,
    Matthew
    Here is what came out of PCV jar after 1k(maybe), compare that to what you get out of regular catch can(mostly oil!);

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Thank you for the Share

Thank you for the info.... I'm surprise to see how liquidy that guys return looks. I know it's in liquid for, but it should not be that watery. I have traded in my billion mile Trans Am since replacing the gromet and have installed a catcher on my other TA. The catcher is doing it's job. Since I have only 12,000 miles on my TA, the engine is still burning really clean.

Good day man,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    Here is what came out of PCV jar after 1k(maybe), compare that to what you get out of regular catch can(mostly oil!);

white
    2002 B4C

Thumbs up

Thank you for the info.... I'm surprise to see how liquidy that guys return looks. I know it's in liquid for, but it should not be that watery. I have traded in my billion mile Trans Am since replacing the gromet and have installed a catcher on my other TA. The catcher is doing it's job. Since I have only 12,000 miles on my TA, the engine is still burning really clean.

Good day man,
    Matthew
    That was out of my car. I put it on video. It was the same when I had it on my other vehicle. Try it and compare it to catcher. Also compare mpg. I have noticed improved mpg in mine. Now is the time to put it on a low mile car and reap the benefits sooner. Congrats on new wheels!
    Last edited by TedsB4Csled; 05-19-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added stuff

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Smile Installation.........

Alright Ted... it's been so long since this thread that I'm surprised that you came back it.

By the way, you never did send me a photo of how you set this jar inside of your engine Bay.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    That was out of my car. I put it on video. It was the same when I had it on my other vehicle. Try it and compare it to catcher. Also compare mpg. I have noticed improved mpg in mine. Now is the time to put it on a low mile car and reap the benefits sooner. Congrats on new wheels!

white
    2002 B4C

Alright Ted... it's been so long since this thread that I'm surprised that you came back it.

By the way, you never did send me a photo of how you set this jar inside of your engine Bay.

Matthew
    Sorry, I just remembered because I have started uploading videos. I'll get pics/vid where I mounted it. Just give me some time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information