Thread: pcm codes

white
    2000 trans am

pcm codes

can someone tell me how to fix these codes po405,po420,p0430

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

you might have an exhaust leak before the rear 02 sensor. it could be a bad catalytic converter or bad 02 sensor.

and it looks like there's also a fault with the egr valve...perhaps carbon blocking the pintle valve or something wrong with the internals of the valve, the electronics, or the circuit.

for definitive answers you would have to test each component for the proper signal voltage and resistance.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I agree with 1mile. The codes p0420 and p0430 are low efficiency in bank 1 and 2(driver and passenger side). It could be bad catalysts but I never seen them go bad at the same time(is possible). The other code is for the egr valve. I will remove it, clean the tube/egr valve and clean the throttle body as well with air throttle cleaner(or carb cleaner) and test it again. The egr valve could be bad as well.

Is the car running okay? rough idle?

You can always eliminate the emission stuff here in FL. I removed my egr/air stuff and had the codes disabled.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

When my passenger side o2 sensor went out, it made the drivers side code pop up for some odd reason...I replaced the passenger side o2 sensor and the driver side code went away and never came back. Do you have aftermarket exhaust/headers on this car? If you do and the cats have been removed that could be part of the problem...

white
    2000 trans am

stock exhaust, but I like the idea of removing the egr since I do live in fl. how do you disable the codes,does someone sell a block off plate for egr what about the air stuff,can you explain

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

there are blockoff plates available online for the air and egr systems. in order to keep the ses light from being on you must have the ecm reprogrammed. there are companies online that do it...you send them your ecm and they do the flash for you, or you can find a speed shop to do the work for you...depending on where you are in florida it would likely be fairly easy to find one to do the work and your car wouldn't be down for a week or whatever...just a few hours on an afternoon.

Black
    2000 Firebird Formula

I have a 2000 also, and every year at inspection time, I always take off the A.I.R. check valves and clean them, then test them. They are 1 direction, so
    if you blow into them, it should work 1 way and not the other. Make sure they're clean and working, or replace, clear codes and try again. Also + on the
    rest of the advised cleansing . . .

Thread Information