Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

P0300 code random misfire...

This is a discussion on P0300 code random misfire... within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm talking about the two big bulk head connectors that run into the ECM @ the passengers side of the ...

Pewter
    2002 WS6

I'm talking about the two big bulk head connectors that run into the ECM @ the passengers side of the firewall.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    I'm talking about the two big bulk head connectors that run into the ECM @ the passengers side of the firewall.
    Roger that

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Phlash_riot View Post
    ok cleaned out the MAF and even the TB and new STP filter. well still symptomatic.... not as much...but still there. have to drive it around some more since i reset the PCM again after it threw a bunch of codes from the TB cleaner i dumped down it. running out of things that it could be so that it kinda nice and the only expesive one it the injectors.

So if using a K&N filter is no good for our cars what is the best one out there?
    Well, did you clean the MAF with it removed? (and engine off obviously) Don't physically touch the wire, just spray it.

As for air filters, I have a free K&N. I went to the drag strip and ran my car with that, no air filter, and a new AC Delco. Guess what? There was no difference in MPH or ET no matter which I did. So, I make sure I have a clean AC filter in my car.

I hope you get your problem fixed soon............

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I swapped out 8 coil packs, wires, and plugs and still had the problem. I later found out I had a cracked spark plug. I swapped it out and no codes. My problem is fixed!

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Well I got is primarily fixed... the only changes are new STP filter and tightening all the o-ring clamps wich one was VERY loose on the engine side of the MAF. reset PCM and good after a few miles.. I have a slight stutter every now and again just recently today so going to check the clamps.. mabye the engine vibrations are just right to loosen that clamp up a bit to pass air.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I had the same thing happen to me when I put long tubes on my 2000 WS6. It threw P0300 and a bunch of other ones and was sputtering and had less power than before I put the headers on. I checked the spark plugs and wires and they were all good, took it to the local autozone and asked them and the dude there told me to check the harness for the coil packs for places it could be grounding out. Sure enough I found two spot where it was fraid between the Valve cover and the bottom side of the coil mounting bracket. I put some electrical tape around it, reset the PCM again and havent had any problems since. And that was like 6 months ago.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Ever figure out misfire?

GatorSS, were you able to figure out what it was that was causing your misfire. I have the same problem with my 2000 TA. Heavy misfire on #6 cylinder and slight misfire on #1 cylinder that start shortly after start up and go away after driving about 5 min. It is also more evident under heavy load. I have tried everything i can think of. Need help...

silver
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

i pulled the same code twice both times it was broking valve springs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information