P0102 & p0122

This is a discussion on P0102 & p0122 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok so my car has been getting some weird gremlins lately. awhile ago i was getting the p0102 low input ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

P0102 & p0122

ok so my car has been getting some weird gremlins lately.

awhile ago i was getting the p0102 low input from the MAF intermittently. I tried cleaning it and such to no avail(stock maf). So after talking to frost and a few folks i figured the maf was bad. So i started my plan to get a replacement maf. Well out of the blue, the code just "went away" it has been probably close to a month to 2 months since i got that code. We lately (about 1 week) i have been getting the P0122 code which is low voltage from the TPS(just replaced about a year ago). Well i found this funny and realized that they share the same run or pigtail or w/e you call it off of the harness. Now i am no electronic guru or such, so sorry for the lack of terms or understanding.

I did some research and found the pin #s for the maf and tps on the pcm harness connector(not sure if it matters)
    i am really at a lost to why this is happening.

my voltage on my gauge reads fine. but my car holds onto the shift for too long during these codes(which i understand is normal for that to happen), and my idle drops to 500ish.

any help or insight on how to test/troubleshoot or fix the issue would be grand.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Speed density tune.

Really though, when you say you have good voltage on your guage - do you mean with a volt meter? If so - it sounds like you may have a bad wire connection elsewhere - IDK if there are any other plug connections after it leaves the MAF - but I'd trace the wiring to make sure you don't have a bare wire or a bad connection elsewhere.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Speed density tune.

Really though, when you say you have good voltage on your guage - do you mean with a volt meter? If so - it sounds like you may have a bad wire connection elsewhere - IDK if there are any other plug connections after it leaves the MAF - but I'd trace the wiring to make sure you don't have a bare wire or a bad connection elsewhere.

im starting to think about it ..to answer your question it is with my gauge cluster in the interior. i have not used a voltmeter yet.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    im starting to think about it ..to answer your question it is with my gauge cluster in the interior. i have not used a voltmeter yet.
    I don't think you'd see a difference with you guage in the cluster. I'd check at the MAF to see what readings you get there.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I don't think you'd see a difference with you guage in the cluster. I'd check at the MAF to see what readings you get there.
    How about the tps issue also? I might as well check both runs huh?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    How about the tps issue also? I might as well check both runs huh?
    I would, to be sure.

Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

Are the grounds shared between the two? Maybe a loose or corroded connection.

red
    99 camaro

Dont know about the tps but the maf shares the same hot wire as all four o2 sensors. Mine had a no voltage at maf code and my longtubes had burned the hot wire for the pass front o2 in half. Check to see if ya have 5 and 12 volts to the maf at the connector on the outer two wires. They share the same ground wire, its located between them on the plug.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

After looking over the schematic for these 2 sensors, I think you have 2 separate problems. They don't share any grounds, power supplies or connections. In fact, I think it could be as simple as 2 bad sensors. But you should definitely look over as much of the wiring as you can get to and the actual connectors for the sensors.

Thread Information