Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Only Made 399rwhp

This is a discussion on Only Made 399rwhp within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I did all the work myself, I have a shop with a lift down here in Miami, FL. It is ...

Teal
    95 Camaro

I did all the work myself, I have a shop with a lift down here in Miami, FL. It is not hard, what I did was download everything from LS1howto.com that concerned with heads, cam, chain, Oil pump installation. I made the pictures really big and went at it.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Was it a Mustang dyno? What are the cam specs? The HP isn't bad, but the TQ numbers seem low. Best way to make sure is to run it at the track (says the guy who hasn't run his new set-up at the track yet...).

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what year LS1 motor? Do you have an LS6 intake? If not I would get one along with the TB. I agree with what everyone has said so far. If you're not wanting to drop the dime on a catback just put a cutout on.

black & silver
    00 SS CAMARO

i have a 00 ss and just with heads,cam,and long tubes (slp same as you)no catback either lid and maf and also had the heads milled and made 420 rwhp with 400 rwtq however the tune i had was a shit tune the guy that did it was running it way to rich.so with that being said yes your numbers are a little low after a good tune and an slp catback it made 447 but i think i have a bit more money into my heads than you might have spent.get the catback and the tb porting and the as for headers i had stock cubes and they worked great for me so some cars like em some dont but dont to disappointed those arent that bad of numbers.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I too am curious as to the specs. on the cam and what type of dyno it was.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

You can't be serious !!! 399 with off the shelf parts is Awesome !!!!! There are so many guys out there with your type of combination with only 365 RWHP
    Don't believe all you read on the forums when it comes to dyno runs or 1/4 mile runs ---Most all are FIBBING--A true test would be a day at the track---Before I was done with all my mods i was stuck on 355 RWHP for a long time--But I took it to the track and it changed my whole attitude and opened my eyes about dynos and RWHP and ET's---I saw guys that i KNEW run and they wrote a thread and lied about their ET !!! LAME!!!!--Forget about dyno #'s-- the winner is the one who gets there 1st--I have no idea what HP i have now and don't care--They don't give a trophy for most HP !!! have fun and tear up those Mustangs---now that's a day at the track !!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    You can't be serious !!! 399 with off the shelf parts is Awesome !!!!! There are so many guys out there with your type of combination with only 365 RWHP
    Don't believe all you read on the forums when it comes to dyno runs or 1/4 mile runs ---Most all are FIBBING--A true test would be a day at the track---Before I was done with all my mods i was stuck on 355 RWHP for a long time--But I took it to the track and it changed my whole attitude and opened my eyes about dynos and RWHP and ET's---I saw guys that i KNEW run and they wrote a thread and lied about their ET !!! LAME!!!!--Forget about dyno #'s-- the winner is the one who gets there 1st--I have no idea what HP i have now and don't care--They don't give a trophy for most HP !!! have fun and tear up those Mustangs---now that's a day at the track !!!!
    that's really the bottom line. I wouldn't sweat dyno numbers. I've never had my car on a dyno and never will. That's how much faith I put into dyno numbers. The only use I see a dyno having is a place to tune WOT without having to speed on the streets. I would get all the supporting mods though. That stuff really helps the car breath and you'll get more out of your cam.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    You can't be serious !!! 399 with off the shelf parts is Awesome !!!!! There are so many guys out there with your type of combination with only 365 RWHP!!!!
    IMO, 399rwhp with Stage II heads and a pretty aggressive cam isn't TOO awful, but his 376rwtq is low. I have no reason to lie about anything and my old H/C combo did 436/420 with a nitrous cam, incomplete bolt-on list and no exotic parts/tuning. His car may run awesome at the track, who knows? But the bottom line is that those numbers should be a little higher for what he has invested...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by blomeup647 View Post
    I spent about $4500 with everything including Y-pipe and Headers.
    Quote Originally Posted by blomeup647 View Post
    I did all the work myself, I have a shop with a lift down here in Miami, FL. It is not hard, what I did was download everything from LS1howto.com that concerned with heads, cam, chain, Oil pump installation. I made the pictures really big and went at it.
    bad ass! thanks for proving my theory about a budget build for the do it yourselfer that wont cost 10s of thousands of dollars!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information