Thread: ok i need help!

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

ok i need help!

my 01 z28 dies when i rollup to stops......after a few mins it will restart and run for a few mins then die again when i go below 1500 rpms.......i took out the fuel pump and when i disconnected it there was alot of pressure(ie gas spayed for a couple of feet)i can hear the pump running but it sounds kind of loud.....i had replaced it like a year ago with a walbough255......i also changed the filter when this happened the 1st time like a month ago....same deal lots of pressure when i took off the old filter.......the code reader says both banks running lean......i am wondering if my alt. is going out...the gauge seems not to be showing it being bad but......any other things i should look for i am about ready to say the hell with it and sell it

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Sounds like you've checked the path from the fuel tank to the fuel filter but have you checked the fuel pressure at the rail?? Perhaps something is clogging in the fuel rails or maybe your injectors are getting clogged up too. Is there a tuner in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Sounds like you've checked the path from the fuel tank to the fuel filter but have you checked the fuel pressure at the rail?? Perhaps something is clogging in the fuel rails or maybe your injectors are getting clogged up too. Is there a tuner in your area?
    yup....but im not sure it will make it there...

try to check the pressure at the rails with the pressure port. Of it is low it may be the pressure regulator.

Is the check engine light on? it sounds like a Throttle position sensor to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyprofessor View Post
    try to check the pressure at the rails with the pressure port. Of it is low it may be the pressure regulator.

Is the check engine light on? it sounds like a Throttle position sensor to me.....
    yup the light just came back on after it died.........the tps was replaced about 18 months ago but.........how would i check?

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    i'll try to get a gauge to check the pressure at he rails today

hook up a OBD2 reader and it should tell you. autozone should be able to do it if it will run long enough.

Thread Information