• 5w/ 30

129 43.58%
  • 10w/30

129 43.58%
  • other please add

21 7.09%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

which oil weight do you use

This is a discussion on which oil weight do you use within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by blue02Z hey Sarge, how do you get it that cheap, i am a perferred customer and it ...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    hey Sarge, how do you get it that cheap, i am a perferred customer and it still runs $7.65
    That is retail son....Amsoil 100% PAO Synthetic 10-30 is $7.65 retail....under the prefered customer pricing it is like $4.85...so I dont know what program your using....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    Yes! j/k

It's up to you. I just have had nightmares about cleaning Penzoil cylinder heads. We would usually hot tank those things 3-4 times before they were "clean". It's not really sludge either, it gets really hard almost like carbon.

All though I agree if you change your oil every 3,000 miles you will be fine. Penzoil just seems to sludge up really bad if you don't change your oil often. Much worse than other types of oil. This is just my opinion and I am not claiming to know everything. I am sure most of you guys know more about these engines than I ever will, I am just throwing my opinion out there.
    OK kid...let me try and understand what corner you have backed yourself into here.....
    Your nightmares.....lets start there.....cleaning Pennzoil cylinder heads....WTF does that mean? I assume Pennzoil cylinder heads means folks who engines are toasted have come to you to rebuild their motor....am I close to reality? So your cleaning the cylinder heads....now these engines are obviously toasted or you wouldn't be involved...right? But somehow or another you have observed in all of your years of cleaning cylinder heads from blown engines that folks that have used Pennzoil conventional or synthetic seem to have a "carbon" like material cooked on these thousand of heads you have cleaned.....OK..lets diagnose that firstly....Cooked where on the head? In the oil passages? Where. What was the condition of the engine when it blew. What was the temps/oil pressure/RPM etc? Does all these other thousands of blown engines you wash cylinder heads on that don't run Pennzoil...when they blow are the heads pristine? Do you only wash them once and they are OEM? And the Pennzoil heads you have to wash 2-3 times? Is this what your saying?
    Son let me tell you why your on the INTERNET pulling shit out of your ass and trying to qualify your statements with some bullshit qualifier like " I wash cylinder heads and this is what I see so TRUST ME!!!!" Your obviously talking about conventional oil so I'll stick with that.....
    Pennzoil is the same shit as Valvoline/Castrol/Quaker State all of them in the API SM certification...they all meet minimum criteria of heat/detergency etc. So you will never ever see one oil perform like what your describing and the other API SM certified oils perform "light years" better....aint fucking possible.....what your describing ( and we all know it is in your fucking mind and not real but oh well) would occur with any API SM rated oil and not just one particular brand versus another......like me getting on here and saying "Hey I'm a fucking mechanic so listen up to me...Turbonator is the BOMB!" I have no data....nothing...just my fucking bullshit INTERNET qualification...so everybody run out and buy the TURBONATOR!!!"......Lets continue as my Percocets are really kicking in now....."Pennzoil wont sludge up if a guy changes it every 3000 miles" or some such shit you babbled.....NO FUCKING SHIT! Why...because any moron who practices reasonable OCI's with any oil and utilizes accepted mechanical maintenance wont have sludge.....how do I know this? Because OIL DOES NOT CAUSE SLUDGE OR CARBON BUILDUP>>>>> Get it?
    So firstly you say Pennzoil is shit and causes engine debris/sludge/carbon ...whatever...and this has been seen by you only in your daily head cleaning chores at the engine blow up shop.....then you turn right around and say if you change you oil every 3000 miles Pennzoil is the bomb and wont cause any issues......
    Son explain to me how anybody with a third grade education will listen to a Gawd Dayum thing you babble from this point on.....
    It is not if I agree with what you say or not..( Pennzoil is inferiror)...I will not set by and allow INTERNET "expert" bullshit being posted for some young stud to come along and read this type of horse-shit post you threw up on here and think there is one single shred of qualified truth to it. Hell no. Your full of shit.............and that is a qualified statement.

White
    1998 Trans Am

sarge reminds me of the soup nazi but with oil

NO OIL FOR YOU! haha

white
    2002 z28

lol

Driving like i stole it!! dafizzman1's Avatar

Arctic White
    1998 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    OK kid...let me try and understand what corner you have backed yourself into here.....
    Your nightmares.....lets start there.....cleaning Pennzoil cylinder heads....WTF does that mean? I assume Pennzoil cylinder heads means folks who engines are toasted have come to you to rebuild their motor....am I close to reality? So your cleaning the cylinder heads....now these engines are obviously toasted or you wouldn't be involved...right? But somehow or another you have observed in all of your years of cleaning cylinder heads from blown engines that folks that have used Pennzoil conventional or synthetic seem to have a "carbon" like material cooked on these thousand of heads you have cleaned.....OK..lets diagnose that firstly....Cooked where on the head? In the oil passages? Where. What was the condition of the engine when it blew. What was the temps/oil pressure/RPM etc? Does all these other thousands of blown engines you wash cylinder heads on that don't run Pennzoil...when they blow are the heads pristine? Do you only wash them once and they are OEM? And the Pennzoil heads you have to wash 2-3 times? Is this what your saying?
    Son let me tell you why your on the INTERNET pulling shit out of your ass and trying to qualify your statements with some bullshit qualifier like " I wash cylinder heads and this is what I see so TRUST ME!!!!" Your obviously talking about conventional oil so I'll stick with that.....
    Pennzoil is the same shit as Valvoline/Castrol/Quaker State all of them in the API SM certification...they all meet minimum criteria of heat/detergency etc. So you will never ever see one oil perform like what your describing and the other API SM certified oils perform "light years" better....aint fucking possible.....what your describing ( and we all know it is in your fucking mind and not real but oh well) would occur with any API SM rated oil and not just one particular brand versus another......like me getting on here and saying "Hey I'm a fucking mechanic so listen up to me...Turbonator is the BOMB!" I have no data....nothing...just my fucking bullshit INTERNET qualification...so everybody run out and buy the TURBONATOR!!!"......Lets continue as my Percocets are really kicking in now....."Pennzoil wont sludge up if a guy changes it every 3000 miles" or some such shit you babbled.....NO FUCKING SHIT! Why...because any moron who practices reasonable OCI's with any oil and utilizes accepted mechanical maintenance wont have sludge.....how do I know this? Because OIL DOES NOT CAUSE SLUDGE OR CARBON BUILDUP>>>>> Get it?
    So firstly you say Pennzoil is shit and causes engine debris/sludge/carbon ...whatever...and this has been seen by you only in your daily head cleaning chores at the engine blow up shop.....then you turn right around and say if you change you oil every 3000 miles Pennzoil is the bomb and wont cause any issues......
    Son explain to me how anybody with a third grade education will listen to a Gawd Dayum thing you babble from this point on.....
    It is not if I agree with what you say or not..( Pennzoil is inferiror)...I will not set by and allow INTERNET "expert" bullshit being posted for some young stud to come along and read this type of horse-shit post you threw up on here and think there is one single shred of qualified truth to it. Hell no. Your full of shit.............and that is a qualified statement.

WOW................................hes good............

p.s. i like the customers who think they can go 8k-10k on a synhetic oil just because the paid double........

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Hell no. Your full of shit.............and that is a qualified statement.
    Quote of the year!

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

i was told the pennzoil and quaker state oils used to have parafin wax in them. this is the buildup he is refering to. i've pulled motors apart with about 1" thick of the wax buildup. it would clog oil pump screens.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i was told the pennzoil and quaker state oils used to have parafin wax in them. this is the buildup he is refering to. i've pulled motors apart with about 1" thick of the wax buildup. it would clog oil pump screens.
    This is a very common misconception. Most confuse parrafins with candle wax and nothing could be further from the truth. All oils have a parrifin base...it has nothing to do with nor even remotely resembles candle waxes You my friend are seeing and experiancing good old fashion sludge and has absolutely nothing to do with "wax".....now move back from the TV..if you sit to close you'll go blind....and next week lets talk about those hairy palms
    I know old wifes tails are very hard to kill.....Now I got to go....a snake has just grabbed his own tail and is rolling down the hill.....

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i dont know sarge....the turbonator did wonders for my air particles....cut em right up and increases the interior vortex of the windtunnel, obviously allowing lower ets and better 60 foots....

i think any oil is ok as long as its changed regularly. like i told sarge in a pm, the pp oil i just put it, whether there is any shred of truth to this or not, has made my car feel more stable at idle and i have seen better oil pressure, not alot better, but better. i switched weights too, upping the ante from 5 w to 10 w.

i used mobil one and it was ok, but its expensive and a 6 case of pp costs less (in my neighborhood) than a 5 case of mobil 1.

thats why i switched. that and the numerous threads where sarge has explained in great detail WHY he thinks pp is the best that he's observed. and since hes older than me and his car is faster by about 3 solid seconds in the quarter mile, i feel inclined to listen and take the advice.

I used Valvoline Synthetic 10x-30 recently.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

It seems like everyone uses synthetic. Could yall tell me where to get amsoil oil?
    I dont recall seeing it anywhere. Do you have to order it? I want to change to it because Sarge and alot of other guys on here use it.Thank you.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

www.amsoil.com
    Find a dealer...or dealer locator.....
    I use Pennzoil Platinum myself....Amsoil is damn good oil though.....

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

www.amsoil.com
    Find a dealer...or dealer locator.....
    I use Pennzoil Platinum myself....Amsoil is damn good oil though.....
    Thank you bud. Is the synthetic high performance the one you used before?
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 08-06-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKxNECKxSPEED View Post
    Thank you bud. Is the synthetic high performance the one you used before?
    http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atm.aspx

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    Oh were good kid....I'm an old cranky old bastard......

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

This is a very common misconception. Most confuse parrafins with candle wax and nothing could be further from the truth. All oils have a parrifin base...it has nothing to do with nor even remotely resembles candle waxes You my friend are seeing and experiancing good old fashion sludge and has absolutely nothing to do with "wax".....now move back from the TV..if you sit to close you'll go blind....and next week lets talk about those hairy palms
    I know old wifes tails are very hard to kill.....Now I got to go....a snake has just grabbed his own tail and is rolling down the hill.....

it's this sludge is what he was refering to. back when i used to work in a machine shop, and in my own mother's 5.0L motor, i've seen it almost as tall as the valve springs. what a mess. i had to replace the oil pump and pickup screen in her motor. i'm sure it was from not changing the oil enough, but the sludge build up happens. would you say it's the parafin base accumulating over time?

and hey, i don't want to discuss your hairy palms...

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Mobile 1 10w-30

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    it's this sludge is what he was refering to. back when i used to work in a machine shop, and in my own mother's 5.0L motor, i've seen it almost as tall as the valve springs. what a mess. i had to replace the oil pump and pickup screen in her motor. i'm sure it was from not changing the oil enough, but the sludge build up happens. would you say it's the parafin base accumulating over time?

and hey, i don't want to discuss your hairy palms...
    Sludge occurs when fine dirt particles/fuel/water/oil mix together...it exceed the oils ability to suspend these particles and deliver them to the oil filter....usually you will find the filter clogged and in bypass....from there it just starts accumulating in the oil passages etc. It is not a product of any oils chemistry or the manufacturing process....it is the byproduct of oil/fuel/dirt/water....
    Hairy palms occur when you hang out at z28.com

white
    2002 z28

the only person that i know that uses amsoil works at a motorsports dealer ( dirtbikes,atvs) and he said most of the time they can at least order it, i know he gets almost 25% off

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information