View Poll Results: which oil weight do you use

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0w / 30

    17 5.74%
  • 5w/ 30

    129 43.58%
  • 10w/30

    129 43.58%
  • other please add

    21 7.09%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 419

which oil weight do you use

This is a discussion on which oil weight do you use within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Royal Purple Full Syntetic 10w 30...

  1. #341
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Royal Purple Full Syntetic 10w 30

  2. #342
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Keyser, WV
    Age
    53
    Posts
    116

    DNBPM
    2000 UltraZ

    I use Mobil one Syn 5w-30 in all my vehicles.

  3. #343
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by John Junkins View Post
    I use Mobil one Syn 5w-30 in all my vehicles.
    good quality

  4. #344
    Member CJREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    701
    Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

    I used to only use Mobil 1 5w-30 but have now changed to the Pennzoil Platinum due to info from this board.

  5. #345
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    I used to only use Mobil 1 5w-30 but have now changed to the Pennzoil Platinum due to info from this board.
    what info? you have a link?

  6. #346
    Single Malt rbob93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Age
    69
    Posts
    2,707

    Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    what info? you have a link?
    The first few pages of this very thread would be a start

    There's also the UOA sticky at the top of the page that has alot of info

  7. #347
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    The first few pages of this very thread would be a start

    There's also the UOA sticky at the top of the page that has alot of info
    thanks, that aviator is funny shit...

  8. #348
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    mobil-1 10w-30

  9. #349
    Junior Member 2triple0ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    38

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS Vert

    Mobil 1 5w-30 for me but was thinking about switching to Royal Purple after watching hot rod tv or some show like that and they tested two motor oils and when they put in Royal Purple it had more hp. Looked good but can't always believe what you see on tv especially when Royal Purple was a sponser. Any1 know any different??? Is that good stuff? I change my oil twice a summer and don't really care bout price.

  10. #350
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    my friend uses 5w-20 in his ls1, is that bad

  11. #351
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by 2triple0ss View Post
    Mobil 1 5w-30 for me but was thinking about switching to Royal Purple after watching hot rod tv or some show like that and they tested two motor oils and when they put in Royal Purple it had more hp. Looked good but can't always believe what you see on tv especially when Royal Purple was a sponser. Any1 know any different??? Is that good stuff? I change my oil twice a summer and don't really care bout price.
    Used Oil Analysis (UOA) Results
    Where you watching the cartoon channel?

  12. #352
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    my friend uses 5w-20 in his ls1, is that bad
    Define bad.....it is oil....the 20 weights are robust. But do not have the film strength required for a LSX motor. Slow death. MPG/Power increases are so minuscule it is not worth the effort. Now I know folks whose butt dyno registered gains

  13. #353
    Member va2001ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    103
    2001 Black SS #5228

    German Castrol 0W-30

  14. #354
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    GC was a great find ....I used it with success myself....but you already know the problem....
    Very hard to find.
    PP returns the same if not better results.
    For cheaper and easier access I stopped "searching" and paying over $5.00 per quart when I did find it. Nothing justifys the effort or expense of GC frankly.

  15. #355
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    sarge what oil weight do you use?

  16. #356
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    10-30 for the shearing resistance year round.

  17. #357
    Member va2001ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    103
    2001 Black SS #5228

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    GC was a great find ....I used it with success myself....but you already know the problem....
    Very hard to find.
    PP returns the same if not better results.
    For cheaper and easier access I stopped "searching" and paying over $5.00 per quart when I did find it. Nothing justifys the effort or expense of GC frankly.
    Sarge GC used to be hard to find for me as well, but now that AZ and Pep Boys keep it in stock I have not had any trouble finding it.

  18. #358
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Quote Originally Posted by va2001ss View Post
    Sarge GC used to be hard to find for me as well, but now that AZ and Pep Boys keep it in stock I have not had any trouble finding it.
    Yeah our AZ here carries it now also.....but I dont pay for it anymore as I get better UOA's from PP 10-30. Why pay more for less? If I want green I use Schaeffer's ( well blue green anyway) But GC is a good oil....just overpriced for what it delivers....the "excitement" of it has tarnished after numerous UOA's reflect a so so return on investment.

  19. #359
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Sticking with the Royal Purple, good quality and have never heard anything bad about it from anyone....
    99 Camaro Z28-
    Colorado's Slowest 408 with a 150 shot
    95 Camaro Z28 LT1-
    LT4 Hot Cam Kit, Fuddle 3,800 Stall
    http://www.fquick.com/99Ls1fever

  20. #360
    Junior Member gamester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bossier City, Louisiana
    Posts
    16

    white
    1998 Camaro

    Always follow Manufactures Specifications!

    I always use what the manufacturer recommends. In my case 10W-30. Look at the circle rating that is on every container of oil. The higher the second letter the better the oil is at combating friction, conserving energy and protecting your engine. i.e. API Service SG, SH, SJ SM etc. it it is on the little circle on the back of the container. I use Pennzoil 10W-30 Time Released Protection with an API Service SM rating.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Weight?
    By fixtheglitch in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
  2. So much for the camaro weight.. New Mustang Weight
    By Aetos in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 07:24 PM
  3. So much for the camaro weight.. New Mustang Weight
    By Aetos in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 09:07 AM
  4. rim weight
    By third_shift|studios in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 05:32 AM
  5. Keep the weight or weight reduction?
    By JwMonE99 in forum V6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 09:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •