Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Oil/Trans/Rear Diff recomendations!?!?!

Okay looks like I am finally getting my 2001 Firehawk M6. Some of the first things I plan on doing to it are changing out all fluids, and some minor upgrades. Car has 48k miles on it and runs like new!

I am just curious what some people think about different oils and other lubricants.

I was thinking about something that would be okay daily driving, but I also plan on bringing it up to a track for a day of track time, not drag race, regular high speed track, from 30-150+ mph..

I was thinking about at least 10w30 mobil 1 syn. Possibly going to Extended 10w40. And running 15w50 when it goes to the track. Also how much should I put in it, I was reading here and it sounded like some people were putting in 6-7 quarts without any coolers, or cans, and factory pan.

Transmission wise, I read that Red Line D4 Syn. was highly recomended for a slightly better amound of performance. Manual 6spd again..

And as far as the rear differential was concered, the only thing I found was one study saying Amsoil was horrible, and another saying it was the best for the rear end... So I am completely lost there...

Thanks for the help in advance. I really want this thing to hold up nicely for me.

I use gm synchromesh in my eclipse and it got rid of all the stiffness my crappy awd tranny had, kinda pricey though, 10 dollars a bottle.

Thread Information