Thread: oil pan help

green
    95 camaro z28

oil pan help

i have a o2 formula with an ls1 and the oil pan was patched when i got the car it is leaking slightly. i know someone with a 09 5.3 on a stand and i would like to know if the two pans will swap? i would be thankful for any help.
    Last edited by Firechicken22; 01-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I'm not positive but I think they don't. When you say it was patch you mean there was a hole in it? If no one else chimes in you can also contact the parts dept at a chevy dealer and ask them if they match.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Formula LS6

Totally different! The F-body pan has a shortened windage tray and a cutout for the steering rack. They're unique to the F-body style/ architecture. If you change/ replace the oil pan you need an engine pre-luber also. Turning the engine over with the key won't do it. I learned this with my engine swap last summer.

green
    95 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    I'm not positive but I think they don't. When you say it was patch you mean there was a hole in it? If no one else chimes in you can also contact the parts dept at a chevy dealer and ask them if they match.
    well i got to looking around and they are diffrent. And yes it had a small hole in it i ended up just buying one from GM

green
    95 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Rich View Post
    Totally different! The F-body pan has a shortened windage tray and a cutout for the steering rack. They're unique to the F-body style/ architecture. If you change/ replace the oil pan you need an engine pre-luber also. Turning the engine over with the key won't do it. I learned this with my engine swap last summer.
    i see well thanks for all the help

Thread Information