Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Oil Change Options

This is a discussion on Oil Change Options within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by mark21742 my mother bought a 1990 z24 new and ran yellow bottle Pennzoil in it, then gave ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    my mother bought a 1990 z24 new and ran yellow bottle Pennzoil in it, then gave me the car......14 years and285,000 on it, I changed the oil (around) every 3,000 miles and it never gave either of us a problem.....even after being totaled twice. so I have to agree with you

thanks, i get my info from good ole Sarge

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by MotorDogStar View Post
    I got a LT1 not LS1....is it still 5.5...getting alot of different answers....
    According to the 1994 owners manual it takes 5 qts. with a filter change

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    What exactly do you base your opinion on??
    Personal experience. Had nothing but problems with anything thats run Pennzoil on a regular basis

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    personally, you're being very nieve(spelling). pennzoil platinum in real world tests-independent labs on everyday cars will kick the holy shit outta royal purple. royal purple is full of markeing bullshit and itWILL NOT protect anywhere close to amsoil,pennz, or schaeffers

if you dont believe me thats cool, look at the oil junkie sticky and read for about 3 hours and you'll learn a lil bit on oil
    Tis the benefit of being my opinion, as far as Amsoil I have no problem with it and I've never met anyone that runs Schaeffers in anything. Concerning the oil sticky I'm sure its informative but I dont need to read 3 hrs worth of other peoples inconsistent opinions of what a good oil is no matter how informative it might be.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Factual proof is far superior to "opinion."

Black
    1999 Trans Am

So....post some of these facts. POST THE FACTS AND THEY SHALL READ.

Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

great! got it done...thanx!
    "I'll gut you like a fish!"

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    So....post some of these facts. POST THE FACTS AND THEY SHALL READ.
    Used Oil Analysis (UOA) Results

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

^^^^

the fact is the only member here that would TRY to inflate info is CompSyn, and i know he wont, he's a good honest member and posts only facts. all the other info you see and read from Sarge and lonewolf and others is personal everyday cars that are testing different oil types only to post REAL WORLD numbers. stuff that horsepower tv is being paid to say that royal purple gave them 7rwhp gain over the other oil cracks me up

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Tis the benefit of being my opinion, as far as Amsoil I have no problem with it and I've never met anyone that runs Schaeffers in anything. Concerning the oil sticky I'm sure its informative but I dont need to read 3 hrs worth of other peoples inconsistent opinions of what a good oil is no matter how informative it might be.
    A person that "refuses" to learn is a person destined for ignorance.
    Please keep your ignorance to yourself as we here at ls1.com stick with analytical facts/lab reports and shy away from bullshit and opinions.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Personal experience. Had nothing but problems with anything thats run Pennzoil on a regular basis
    Bullshit. You never had any oil related problem running Pennzoil. I have spent significant time and money posting lab reports/reams of data from ISO certified labs.....where is yours?
    Tis better to be assumed an idiot than post up and prove that assumption correct....as you have here...

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Bullshit. You never had any oil related problem running Pennzoil. I have spent significant time and money posting lab reports/reams of data from ISO certified labs.....where is yours?
    Tis better to be assumed an idiot than post up and prove that assumption correct....as you have here...
    You don't believe me I'm happy for you however I am confused how me stating my opinion in a forum asking for peoples opinions translates into ignorance because I don't agreee with the masses but hey I'm weird like that. I did however read that sticky it was informative and not nearly as opinion based as I assumed but if im reading your charts right RP isnt a "bad" oil am I wrong cuz honestly it doesn't seem that diffinitive one way or the other and won't it change from oil change to oil change. Also wouldn't you need to run any oil through at least 2 oil changes so as not to contaminate the test results from residual detergents and so forth? Either way I would love to have my oil tested however I don't know how/how much is cost's yet(havent followed the links yet) so standby on that front. This post does seem to have gotten off topic IMO and I believe the guy who started it already made up his mind so we may have to agree to disagree until I get my own oil tested. Thanks for the improptu ass chewing. lol

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    That is what will be going in my T/A once I can find a good shipping deal. No dealers within 100 miles of me though.
    Until then, 10w-30 Pennzoil Platinum. That is what the daily driver gets every 5K.

As for the oil change intervals....I change twice a year in the T/A....regardless. Spring and fall. Normally 1500 miles between changes.
    Napa in my hood sells this. I can flat rate ship it to you for $9 bucks, me thinks

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    Napa in my hood sells this. I can flat rate ship it to you for $9 bucks, me thinks
    We may be talking soon then.

Although she just got fresh Pennzoil Platinum, so...may be a while.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    We may be talking soon then.

Although she just got fresh Pennzoil Platinum, so...may be a while.
    Thats cool. Just let me know. My oil change is coming up so I will try this.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You don't believe me I'm happy for you however I am confused how me stating my opinion in a forum asking for peoples opinions translates into ignorance because I don't agreee with the masses but hey I'm weird like that. I did however read that sticky it was informative and not nearly as opinion based as I assumed but if im reading your charts right RP isnt a "bad" oil am I wrong cuz honestly it doesn't seem that diffinitive one way or the other and won't it change from oil change to oil change. Also wouldn't you need to run any oil through at least 2 oil changes so as not to contaminate the test results from residual detergents and so forth? Either way I would love to have my oil tested however I don't know how/how much is cost's yet(havent followed the links yet) so standby on that front. This post does seem to have gotten off topic IMO and I believe the guy who started it already made up his mind so we may have to agree to disagree until I get my own oil tested. Thanks for the improptu ass chewing. lol
    Listen to you....firstly you flat ass state we share nothing but marketing hype and opinions...then when everybody here points out to you the thread(s) that have data/lab work...this is your response? Unbelievable...we (all) follow the OCI/Testing methodologies for accurate reports (flush/fill/ etc) and know what we are doing....you need to work on your reading and comprehension skills there pal.....And for the record I dont believe anybody....I believe data....your in the wrong forum to come in spewing horseshit I assure you....learn something and come visit us...

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Stupidity is the most expensive commodity existing in the USA. Just look at how expensive it has become over the last 5 1/2 months. Unfortunately, the abundance of this commodity has increased exponentially in recent years.

Thankfully, there are still many people, such as Sarge and quite a number of others in this forum, who do not possess any of this commodity.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS View Post
    Stupidity is the most expensive commodity existing in the USA. Just look at how expensive it has become over the last 5 1/2 months. Unfortunately, the abundance of this commodity has increased exponentially in recent years.

Thankfully, there are still many people, such as Sarge and quite a number of others in this forum, who do not possess any of this commodity.
    I question myself and my sanity daily

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

lol thats just... well speical lol oh and go get em SARGE!
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information