Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

OIL!

This is a discussion on OIL! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 does anyone else whos not going to be a dick have an oppinion I'm terribly sorry ...

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by AB'sLs1 View Post
    does anyone else whos not going to be a dick have an oppinion
    I'm terribly sorry I attempted to help you......I should have lauded praise for your fine choice in oil. <<< Being a Dick

Grow up & quit reading shit into the responses you get on a chat board.
    This is the tech section.....not the political section.

I gave you good info gleaned from countless "What is the best oil?" posts but you want to take it sideways for some stupid reason.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

bottom line is that from test results RP is not a good oil,....its scar wear is bad due to shearing, bottom line is that your engine is going to get hot and be moving at high rpms, i dont care if you have a daily driver or a race car,, your internals are going to be at risk if you arent using a good oil.....do some research on this site, there is a ton of info about it if you dont believe me.....some people do use royal purple, yes,.....but will you ever catch guys who really know about oil putting it in there engines......no......do a search and read up, there is tons of info on this site about oils, shearing, and UOA's

Mobil 1 European full synthetic 0W-40. Its all I use now. Anyone else. Good stuff.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

does anyone else whos not going to be a dick have an oppinion
    He isn't being a dick.... he is well informed.
    Royal Purple utilized cheap base oils and add packs. The dyno test are bullshit on many fronts....mainly hot thicker oil coming out and cool thinner oil going in and voila you got a few ponies...not better oil...marketing bullshit...UOA's are very conclusive....Royal Purple shears ( goes from a 30 weight to a low 20 weight) rather quickly....it's detergents don't suspend worth a damn...all in all a crap product but very well marketed......Pennzoil Platinum is the real deal and has millions of miles worth of excellent UOA's to back it up. Amsoil is far and away the top dog in the "top shelf" synthetics.

red
    1998 Z28

Well thank u everyone for ur information and im sry for being alittle harsh. the way i read someones response towards my question made it seem like they where in fact being a dick and im sry i got the wrong impression. but thank u all for the info im not biesd towards one oil i just needed more peoples oppinions. but with that being said i did put the oil in the car because i am on a suspended license so its not like i could just run any time to go get it so i got what advanced had i heard it was bad but i figured it was better then haveing really old dirty(and really low) oil. but again im sry for being harsh i dont want people to think if they give me advise im going to call them a dick im sry to rbob. thank u all again

hugger orange

Well thank u everyone for ur information and im sry for being alittle harsh. the way i read someones response towards my question made it seem like they where in fact being a dick and im sry i got the wrong impression. but thank u all for the info im not biesd towards one oil i just needed more peoples oppinions. but with that being said i did put the oil in the car because i am on a suspended license so its not like i could just run any time to go get it so i got what advanced had i heard it was bad but i figured it was better then haveing really old dirty(and really low) oil. but again im sry for being harsh i dont want people to think if they give me advise im going to call them a dick im sry to rbob. thank u all again
    hey man, don't feel bad, I think we have all read too deep into a response from time to time lol

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Hey I still love you lol!!

( Now PLEASE don't read anything into that! )

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Hey I still love you lol!!

( Now PLEASE don't read anything into that! )
    man I laugh every time I see your avatar, I love it

red
    1998 Z28

no hard feelings rbob?

but anyways the oil is in the car due to my suspended license situation so to save my internals the pain of shearing what should i do cuz the oil has to last me till the holidays r over... im short on money like everyone this time of year

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information