Thread: oil 100psi?

Black
    2002 SS camaro

oil 100psi?

well like it says, i was driveing my car after i put my new gauges in it got on it in 2nd to about 6500 an glanced over an my oil gauge an it was all but 100, is that normal at that high of rpm...... idk if anyone else ran in to this or not

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Not sure how accurate our stock gauges are... but that's a bit on the high side. I see 60 p.s.i. on the highway cruising and usually no less than 40 p.s.i. when idling. I have not yet ripped into an LS1 oil pump, so I do not know if they have a high pressure relief spring setup like SBC pumps had.

Black
    2002 SS camaro

its an auto meter gauge, not the 1 in the dash (i dont really trust them lol) but like i said its all but 90-100 psi at 6500 idk if its anything to worry about, my only question is it push oil out my breathers on my valve covers. hasnt happen yet but dont want it to

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    its an auto meter gauge, not the 1 in the dash (i dont really trust them lol) but like i said its all but 90-100 psi at 6500 idk if its anything to worry about, my only question is it push oil out my breathers on my valve covers. hasnt happen yet but dont want it to

Is the stock gauge disconnected? Do you have another gauge you can swap in place of the Auto Meter to see what it reads?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Is the aftermarket gauge electrical or mechanical?

Black
    2002 SS camaro

i still have the stock gauge in it yes never un hooked it, i just put 2 gauges an my a piller (water temp an oil psi) the auto metter is the 1 thats reading 100, the stock i think is close to 80.... but both gauges are electrical an brand new, i have my oil sending unit rite above my oil filter on that peice that comes off if u understanding what im saying i forget what its called. under idle its about 40 on both gauges

Thread Information