black
    1998 Camaro SS

o2's not reading, high idle

My 02's still arent reading. the ses light is on and the codes are p0134 and p0154. the car also has a high idle and i think it has to do with the o2's not reading. i just did h/c/i and headers swap. got mail order tune done, rear 02's deleted all that. i put in new o2 sensors too bc i was told coatin in new headers can clog o2 sensors. still throws the code. i got the codes cleared also but they cam back. ive checked all the connections and i dont really know what to do now to fix it. any help? Thanks

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

What cam? You got just a mail order tune after H/C/I? So the rear O2 are delted correct? What did you do with the fronts? Did you get 02 extensions? Did you make your own? Thats a circuit insuffiecnt code. Which makes me think it has something to do with the extensions. Clearing the code rarely does anything FYI. Come back with info about the extensions.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

ya i have the extensions hooked up to front o2 connections. i payed for the extensions bc i was told if i tried to wire it myself it would throw codes. well the whole story is when i first hooked them up after swap i accidentally connected o2s to rear o2 connections and then it threw the codes theni remembered that they have to go to front and connected them to the front ones but still throwin codes

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

The high idle most likely isn't related to the O2 sensor problem. What kind of intake and throttle body are you now using? Any vacuum leaks? Any problems with the PCV hoses or sticky PCV valve?
    Are there any other codes? Those 2 O2 sensor codes basically mean the O2 reading is just sitting there in the middle range and not switching rich to lean. So what header, y-pipe, and cat back are you using? Where did you get the O2 extensions from?

black
    1998 Camaro SS

using bbk intake and 85mm throttle body. no known vacuum leaks. I just redid the pcv system so it should be good. i think the other code was p0507...it was for high idle. i have pacesetter longtubes, texas speed ORY and slp loudmouth o2 extensions...all from texas speed.

Thread Information