Black
    2002 Trans Am

No start / spin issue

Have a 2000 WS-6 Formula with an electrical issue. A while back, the car was sitting in the garage and was making a chattering noise like a relay opening and closing. By the time I caught it, the battery was nearly dead so I took off the negative cable and charged the battery. After I got it fully charged, I put the cable back on, cranked the car and thought everything was fine. Since then, I haven't been able to get the car to even spin. I turn the key and all the lights come on like normal, the fuel pump runs but that is all. I have replaced the starter relay and that didn't help. Also, I am not showing any security codes like VATs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This thing is running me nuts.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

You may need to tighten the battery cables up a little bit. first go up and grab a hold of the cables at the battery. If you can rotate them on the battery post at all, the the cable is loose and needs to be tightened. Seen it a million times on side post batteries

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    You may need to tighten the battery cables up a little bit. first go up and grab a hold of the cables at the battery. If you can rotate them on the battery post at all, the the cable is loose and needs to be tightened. Seen it a million times on side post batteries
    Thanks for the idea but the cables and connections seem to be fine all the way to the starter. One of the main things I have wondered about is what was chattering? The key was not even in the switch and I never found anything left on. I'm beginning to wonder if this thing is posessed.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Possibly a power lock relay issue imho..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-27-2010 at 09:36 PM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by ramairjohnny View Post
    Thanks for the idea but the cables and connections seem to be fine all the way to the starter. One of the main things I have wondered about is what was chattering? The key was not even in the switch and I never found anything left on. I'm beginning to wonder if this thing is posessed.
    The electronics in cars can do weird things when a battery is low and dying. A rapidly chattering relay is one thing I've seen before.

black
    2002 WS6

Check your fuses and realys for burn out, sounds like tehre may have been a short some where, lookk for any rodent damage or corrsion around the fuse block under the hood and check any connections you can get to under the dash.

Thread Information