Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No Oil, Wal-Mart to Blame.

This is a discussion on No Oil, Wal-Mart to Blame. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; apparently there was and i didnt see it. either way the techs... or lack there of. at wal mart know ...

In A Jesus Christ pose.... on the banks of the Thames with Ratty and Mole.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

apparently there was and i didnt see it. either way the techs... or lack there of. at wal mart know they are in deep shit right now.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

I don't see how walmart is at fault if your pressure switch went out.I may be wrong but you paid them to change oil not repair the switch.Even if they knew it was bad they were told to change the oil not find or repair a leak.I hate to say it and I know that I will get some flack back on this, but this one might be on you. I use to work at a dealership and something like that would not be covered, if you only took it in for a oil change.First of all they are going to say that the pressure was working find and that it could have messed up anytime after you left the shop. You said that the plug was in and the new filter was on and oil had been put in the car,so as They will see it they did the service you paid them to do. I can be wrong, but If I was you I would talk to someone that knows the law better than I do.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

guy i work with had this happen to him at the Dodge dealership. he went from a 05 4.7 1500 ram to a 06 hemi ram for $10 more a month. and it had custom 20's on the new one.!

i say make them pay for a new engine!!! good luck
    Last edited by jbb6811; 06-28-2007 at 04:44 AM.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

Quote Originally Posted by Street Fighter View Post
    I don't see how walmart is at fault if your pressure switch went out.I may be wrong but you paid them to change oil not repair the switch.Even if they knew it was bad they were told to change the oil not find or repair a leak.I hate to say it and I know that I will get some flack back on this, but this one might be on you. I use to work at a dealership and something like that would not be covered, if you only took it in for a oil change.First of all they are going to say that the pressure was working find and that it could have messed up anytime after you left the shop. You said that the plug was in and the new filter was on and oil had been put in the car,so as They will see it they did the service you paid them to do. I can be wrong, but If I was you I would talk to someone that knows the law better than I do.
    well no one ever said that i was holding wal-mart responsible for paying for the new switch.

[/QUOTE]the oil blew out from the pressure switch or something like that. so they gave me 5 qts of oil and and a filter. they said see what that does after i replace the switch($10) If there is any internal damage then to let them know about it and we will go from there.[/QUOTE]

i am putting the new switch in wal mart said they would cover any damages. why i dont know but if they are gonna offer to pay for damages then by god im not gonna say no thats ok. im gonna say ok thats not 350 thats a 383 stroker. jk but stil im not turning down free work.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Thumbs up

I can't blame you, I would go for it if they agree to do it,but they are hoping that you will take the oil and filter and that will be the end of it.When and if you go back and tell them that the engine have a problem after the oil leaking from the pressure switch and not from anything that they did wrong things are going to nasty fast.I hope things workout for you,but I have a funny feeling about this one.
    Last edited by Street Fighter; 06-28-2007 at 07:39 AM.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

wallymart & autozon3 are NO NO!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Wal-mart's a POS. I'll never shop there.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

haha thanks for the support guys. ill be fixing the switch when i get back home in Ar, As for now ill be driving the Ranger the the bad ass 4.0

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    wallymart & autozon3 are NO NO!!
    i like the gangsta 3 for the E...

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

After I retired, a worked for Wal-Mart part time to keep me busy as a greeter service writer @ the TLE (Tire Lube Express). I saw all sorts of nonesence going on with customer vehicles, stripped pans, cracked oil pans, no oil filled in vehicle, one time the tech forgot to install the oil filter, and they pulled the vehicle out of the bay with oil pouring out.

On front wheel drive cars, I have seen the tech's drain the transmission instead of the oil pan, and then refill the transmission with the incorrect oil, because they did not carry the correct transmission oil.

The main reason for this is that Wal-Mart hires people with no experience, pays them very little (tech's start @ $9.50hr.), and they do not train them very well either. They work on the theory of quantity not quality, they just fire people, and get someone else.

I eventually got fedup working there, and quit. I am now fully retired.

SteveC

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy351w View Post
    Just one day ago i had the oil and filter changed on my Camero. Well i got in my car the next day and low and behold i have no oil pressure. So getting all pissed i decide to blame the car and oil pump. I started by checking to see if i had any oil and guess what. it didnt have a drop in it! Checking furter i noticed my Filter AND Drain plug werent properly sealed. So i am curious as to what legal rights i would have to make them pay for any damages to my motor.
    I don't feel bad for you...all you have to do is walk into the store and you see the caliber of the people working there. I don't even want to know what kind of damage they did just jacking your car up.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

the guy that owned my frineds 97 z28 before my friend took the car to walmart for oilchange, came back out to the bay after shopping and took off, the next day he noticed a dent the size of your fist about a inch deep on the right rear quaterpanel---he tried to get them to pay for it but they denied it happening.

)&*^*&'s

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I don't feel bad for you...all you have to do is walk into the store and you see the caliber of the people working there. I don't even want to know what kind of damage they did just jacking your car up.
    well sir i feel bad for you because your a sorry ass peice of shit comeing here and saying that. this place is for support not for people to get cut down by dumbasses.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy351w View Post
    well sir i feel bad for you because your a sorry ass peice of shit comeing here and saying that. this place is for support not for people to get cut down by dumbasses.
    Someone saying they don't pitty you for not using common sense isn't a cut down....but being called a piece of shit and a dumbass is. See the difference?

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

now lets not get this topic distorted ok?

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    now lets not get this topic distorted ok?
    Yea...it's not muchfun anyway

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Well I will defend the walmart oil change, I mean how hard it is to change oil. If a 16 year old can change it in his garage on his own, I think walmart can hire a grease monkey to do the same. I know this time, and a few other instances they made a misstake, but I am sure people have screwed it up in their garages before too. There is no fix for stupid. Wether you are in your garage or making 7 bucks an hour at Walmart, If you are dumb you are dumb.

I take my car to a tire shop,, they do oil changes, and minor repairs, but I believe they do a good job.

PS--- IMO They are 100% liable - I hope they don't try to stiff you, if there was damage.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I don't feel bad for you..
    I guess this just proves everyone has an opinion no matter how much it may or may not stink.

To tell someone you don't feel bad for them.. Is another way of saying he deserved it, just because he chose to get his oil changed at a different location than you.

I have used Walmart a few times, with other cars, and had ZERO problems.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

If you reread the comment by the guy was worked at a Walmart Auto Center has to say about it you will get an accurate picture of the discount auto repair places. The old saying about getting what you paid for is true.
    I'd have to say though that the oil pressure sending unit going bad has NOTHING to do with the oil change. If they pay you for a 'new' (news flash here-nobody replaces a high mileage engine with a new one for warranty purposes) engine -it is them going above and beyond the call of duty. Of course they realize it's all about the customer service and what-not, but it's really not their fault here. If you want to screw people over then go make them pay. I believe that Karma is a bitch myself.
    I would think you would have seen the oil pressure getting low or the switch not working or something and shut off the motor before any serious damage occured. If you get the engine started and there is good oil pressure and no knocking noises then in all likelyhood there is no damage and no problem. Engines can be run for short (30 seconds or so) with no oil in the crankcase (there is still oil coating things in there). Plenty of time for shutting off the motor after noticing the gauge. You do look at your gauges right?
    If you can't change your own oil but you want the high performance stroker motor I'd have to say don't do it. You won't be able to keep it running right judging by the posts you have made here.
    And I say this forum is open to anyone to flame people if they feel the need. Keeps the quality of the posting in check............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information