Black
    1999 Z-28 LS1

No Cruise Control

Anyone have any issues with the cruise control? I really have not dug into it, but looking to see if anyone else has had issues, and what the fix was. While I am at it, my horn is also non functional. All the fuses under the hood are fine, and the interior fuse panel looks good, but have not pulled each fuse out.

thanks!
    1999 Camaro Z-28 LS1 M6
    Cam, Heads, Exhaust

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

sub'd my cruise hasnt worked in like 4 months now FML

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Do both of you have M6's?

You need to check this. You will have 2 switches that are on both the clutch and brake pedals. These are the #1 thing that goes bad and knocks out your cruise control.

Look at the pic you will see the switches I'm talking about.

They are about $18 from gmpartsdirect.com, about $35 at local parts store. It takes about 30 mins to fix. If you have the same problem I had The switch was good, but the plastic on the switch that holds it in place broke. I took a zip tie and secured it to where it held the button in all the time. Only do this for the clutch. You also have a similar switch for the break pedal, do not do the zip tie fix on the break pedal. In this case I would get the part because you will want the cruise to turn off if you hit the breaks.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

mines an a4 so will i just have the switch on the brakes

Navy Blue Metallic

correct. these things get brittle over time and break.

White
    '02 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by oharam View Post
    Anyone have any issues with the cruise control? I really have not dug into it, but looking to see if anyone else has had issues, and what the fix was. While I am at it, my horn is also non functional. All the fuses under the hood are fine, and the interior fuse panel looks good, but have not pulled each fuse out.

thanks!
    If both are operated from the steering wheel possible cause is the clock spring in the column.

Black
    1999 Z-28 LS1

Mine was originally an automatic from factory, and the guy I just bought it from had a z28 camaro 6 speed installed in it. Looking at the picture, it would make sense, that they may not have hooked up the cruise control when they did the tranny swap. On a side note, I am EXTREMELY impressed that I just ran it almost out of fuel, filled it up and calculated the fuel mileage, and was at 18 for aroud town driving. I wish I would have bought one ALONG time ago!

Thanks for the info on the cruise control issue, and will look into it when the weather breaks tomorrow.

Navy Blue Metallic

Mine was originally an automatic from factory, and the guy I just bought it from had a z28 camaro 6 speed installed in it. Looking at the picture, it would make sense, that they may not have hooked up the cruise control when they did the tranny swap. On a side note, I am EXTREMELY impressed that I just ran it almost out of fuel, filled it up and calculated the fuel mileage, and was at 18 for aroud town driving. I wish I would have bought one ALONG time ago!

Thanks for the info on the cruise control issue, and will look into it when the weather breaks tomorrow.
    Even if they didn't put the switch there the wiring will be there to hook it up.

White
    2003 GMC Duramax

Another option and an easy way to find a problem is, when I had my Camaro, I couldn't get cruise to work either because my clutch wouldn't come up all the way. Not saying yours is like that but maybe try to make sure the clutch is all the way up by pulling it back with your toes. It was my problem, may not be yours though.

Thread Information