Thread: Next mod

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

Next mod

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out my next mod that won't break the bank. I have full exhaust,tune,air intake,frame conects,strut brace,short throw.I'm looking to do some more HP gains now. Intake , throtle body ? Don't know where to go. Maybe a cam. Can you do a cam without doing heads and still get a decent gain. Any input would be great.I'm at about 345-350 RWHP now.Trying to stay under a grand for now.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

LS6 intake. I was reading where SLP has a sale on them. $370 I think. Normally they were around $500. You can spend that with a ported TB too. Should be good for about 12-15 rwhp. It's also a mod that you will definitely notice from better throttle response.
    Hell ya you can do a cam with out heads and get good gains. I'm in that boat right now. Expecting around 400rwhp with full boton exhaust, LS6 intake, and pulley from my Torquer 2 cam. If you decide to go with a cam then get the package with new pushrods, retainers, springs, etc. That will run about $650 from TSP. Might as well get a pulley too because you will need to pull the stock on off to change cam. Might well upgrade for another $200. Don't forget a new timing chain and oil pump to be on the safe side. Your probably pushing around your budget of $1000 now.

Thread Information