Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Next Mod?

This is a discussion on Next Mod? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 Yes I do when I get them powder coated a WS.6 is ...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Yes I do when I get them powder coated a WS.6 is going in its place.
    I would be very interested in seeing pics and what you do exactly to prep them when time comes. I have some "Camaro" stickers I would like to add to my OEM calipers come spring time once my new R1 Concept rotors and HPS pads get installed.

Do you already have the stickers? If so, what color are they? That will really look nice I think!
    The stickers are black and the calipers are going to be powder coated viper snakeskin green. There is this place that will do the powder coating with the stickers as well.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    The stickers are black and the calipers are going to be powder coated viper snakeskin green. There is this place that will do the powder coating with the stickers as well.
    Are you rebuilding the calipers yourself then? As I understand it, when you powdercoat, the heat from the process will damage the seals of the calipers. I know they sell rebuild kits.
    It's on jackstands.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Are you rebuilding the calipers yourself then? As I understand it, when you powdercoat, the heat from the process will damage the seals of the calipers. I know they sell rebuild kits.
    The place I will be sending them to I believe removes the parts that could be ruined in the process, puts plugs in their place and then powder coats them. If they look not right when I get it back I will rebuild them, yes. Assuming they do not damage them they should be fine since the calipers are not even a year old. You are correct though if you leave the seals in the caliper they will need to be replaced.

If you want to talk more about this let's take it to PMs, I would hate to jack this thread from the OP.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I'm coming up on 90K miles, so I decided to refresh the suspension and get some fresh fluids. So, here is what I've ordered from Sam:

Strano Springs,
    UMI panhard bar
    OEM front and rear bushings (want to keep noise down)

I'll be shopping around for an intake manifold and maybe buy one after next paycheck or two. Car's going in next week for service. It's pretty exciting to see her come along. Slowly but surely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information