Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Next mod ???

This is a discussion on Next mod ??? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by pajeff02 No joke? Last month, I was under our car deciding what to get at Fall Carlisle. ...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    No joke? Last month, I was under our car deciding what to get at Fall Carlisle. I grabbed a hold of the stock panhard bar and found that it is quite flimsy. I figured, anything that is going to hold the rear in place ought to be a little sturdier than that -- and I am running no where near the power you are. Any reason you have not swapped it out (other than the fact that you have great times already)?
    Money, thats it.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Money, thats it.

Understood. I was just not able to come up with a reason to leave the panhard bar stock on a car like yours, so I had to ask in case I was missing something.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

LT's + CB

White
    1998 Z28 12.53@107.8

Alrighty then . Thanks everybody !! Looks like Ill save up a little more dough and do the stall converter . I figure a 3400-3600 rpm vig should do the job . Damn , I got out of buiding motorcyles because I always spent too much on them . Now Im right back to the same thing . But at least Im having fun .

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z View Post
    Alrighty then . Thanks everybody !! Looks like Ill save up a little more dough and do the stall converter . I figure a 3400-3600 rpm vig should do the job . Damn , I got out of buiding motorcyles because I always spent too much on them . Now Im right back to the same thing . But at least Im having fun .

It's a disease. The only cure is regular parts deliveries from the UPS guy.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    It's a disease. The only cure is regular parts deliveries from the UPS guy.
    Take 2 a day, and call the bank when you're broke.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Take 2 a day, and call the bank when you're broke.
    DAMN, I should have the bank on speed dial then. My car fund is always broke! I wish I was less responsible with my money so I can not feel guilty buying car parts.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z View Post
    Alright . I have a 98 Z A4 .I just did a magnaflow c/b , K&N filter ,SLP lid and free mods ( ram air /chopped egr ) . My drag radials and 3:73's are on the way Then it will get tuned . My question is, whats next ?? L/T headers and y pipe or a LS6 intake .Which will have the biggest impact ? Maybe LCA relocate ?? Im going to do a cam and converter in the spring .Thanks
    SFC's,Header's, and a stall (3500 IMO). Do not do not put those 3.73's in the stock rear. Will the 3.73's work for awhile heck yes. Will the 10 bolt last a long time NOPE.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Would you say relocation brackets or LCAs are more important for a '60?

I might do both.
    No need to do any suspension work besides SFC's. I know a bunch of LT1 and LS1's that run stock suspension. LCA's,Relocation,Panhard etc really are not needed until you have hook issues. I was bone stock suspension running 11.8's in the 1/4 with 1.7/.8 60'. Save the money spent on those parts and get the cam.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 10-19-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I have Nitto 555R's 315/35/17. An SS4000 2.6STR, w/2.73s and I still spin on my launch (street). Which I don't think I should.
    You have a 4000 stall and wonder why you spin on launch(street)? Like stated already you reall need to warn them up to do a good launch. That and a 4000 stall is going to roast must tires besides well pure slicks IMO. Do you have a cam for that 4000 stall your running?????

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Do you ever go to the track? I don't even try to hook from a dead dig on the street, with MT ET DR's. Adjustables are only good for centering the rear, I do not have adjustables, just boxed BMR's. That's why I recommended just getting the LCA's and trying the track out. Trying to hook from dig on the street is usually always frustrating
    Skinnys up front and Hossier slick here. I can dead hook on the street. It has stunned many a 03/04 Mustang (not hatting on the stang). IMO suspension mods are not need. Like stated before I know alot of people who are stock and have no issues hooking and running good times. Now you get mid to low 10's or in the 9's then yes. But before that a waste of money.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 10-19-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

No, the cam will go in this spring. And yes I have problems with traction. I'm not sure if I should go with some M/Ts first and see where I stand or stick with the nittos and do LCAs.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

No, the cam will go in this spring. And yes I have problems with traction. I'm not sure if I should go with some M/Ts first and see where I stand or stick with the nittos and do LCAs.
    So you have a 4000 stall on stock HP?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    DAMN, I should have the bank on speed dial then. My car fund is always broke! I wish I was less responsible with my money so I can not feel guilty buying car parts.

I really don't spend any money on myself -- heck, I have had the same pair of sneakers for 5 years now. That's why I never feel bad or second guess myself when it comes to a parts purchase or acquiring new tools for the garage.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Skinnys up front and Hossier slick here. I can dead hook on the street. It has stunned many a 03/04 Mustang (not hatting on the stang). IMO suspension mods are not need. Like stated before I know alot of people who are stock and have no issues hooking and running good times. Now you get mid to low 10's or in the 9's then yes. But before that a waste of money.
    Not many people are willing to run a skinney and DOT slick on the street though. Not the most friendly in the corners

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Not many people are willing to run a skinney and DOT slick on the street though. Not the most friendly in the corners

Tell me about it -- my friend still has my fingerprints in his dash from when he raced a Mustang on I-76 coming back from Maple Grove. In the corners with a concrete barrier inches away and the front tires just screaming as they tried to hold the line... good times.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    So you have a 4000 stall on stock HP?
    Yep kinda, I had a 3600 with bolt-ons. This spring I planned for a cam swap, but around April my converter quit locking. Around May I figured out the problem wasn't electrical and it was my radiator that leaked into the stock transmission lines. It's a long story, but basically I spent the summer taking out the transmission to be re-built, sending off the converter to be flushed and re-stalled (SS4000) in anticipation for the custom grind cam that I plan to put in. Which will be this upcoming spring.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Sure when it rains its a no no.. But during the summer when it tends to not rain.. When on the skinnys and slicks (not DOT 26" x 10" - 15" full racing slick) I tend to not be worried about corners. I always drive to the track with them on... Have never had a issue. I have been caught in rain but I just pull over and stop.

Last edited by Z28Thunder; 10-19-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Yep, I had a 3600 with bolt-ons. This spring I planned for a cam swap, but around April my converter quick locking. Around May I figured out the problem wasn't electrical and it was my radiator that leaked into the stock transmission lines. It's a long story, but basically I spent the summer taking out the transmission to be re-built, sending off the converter to be flushed and re-stalled (SS4000) in anticipation for the custom grind cam that I plan to put in. Which will be this upcoming spring.
    Okay was just going to say thats ALOT of stall for stock power and stock rear.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

It works, screams actually, but yea it will be a better fit with the cam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information