Black
    1997 KITT

New seatbelts and other parts/refurbishment

Hello, new here and am hoping there is a place that I can get a new front seatbelt set, as the ones in my '97 are in bad shape, don't retract well, buckle cover broken causing it to fall to the ground.

Also, for these cars, are there company's that produce many other parts that the dealer no longer does?

Any recommendations for an establishment that will sort of refurbish the car, like go over the whole car and replace many things to make it sort of like new again, maybe a stupid question, but...

Thanks!

SH
    Last edited by spyhunt3r; 04-22-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

There is a company by the name of SSnake-oyl that rebuilds seat belts but that is a pretty expensive way to go. I suspect you would be better off trolling ebay for a set of used but acceptable belts. They typically run from $50 - $100 for a complete set. Remember convertibles are different than coupes. You can also find NOS belts at times on ebay but it is difficult to source a complete set and very expensive. For leather shift knobs and steering wheels a good upholstery shop can redye or even recover some parts. As to the other rubber and trim parts only a few are being reproduced right now. Wait around another decade or so and maybe you'll find more. Luckily a lot of the rubber and trim can be used across all of the firebirds from 1993 to 2002. I've had great success being patient and setting up some automatic searches for specific parts until I got what I needed at the price I was willing to pay. Even better, post your needs in the parts wanted section of this forum and maybe someone here can help you out.

Sun Zu Quote: If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of all of your enemies will float past you.
    eBay corollary: If you watch your search categories long enough, every part you every wanted will eventually be for sale.

Thread Information