Thread: New Member

Blue/white stripes
    1969 Camaro

Looking to retrofit a 2003 6.0 LS engine into my 69 Camaro. Anyone know where to begin or what route I should take. I am figuring out whether or not to stick with the fuel injection or carburetor. Carb has shown to make more power but reliability is the main reason to switching over from my FK code 327. I have no accesories on my current 327 other than a mini alternator. No power steering, no power brakes, and no A/C. So the engine bay is wide open. I think motor mounts will be the first place to start. The only problem with that is I want to put a six speed behind the 6.0 of which I do not have. Are the aftermarket mounts ok or should I take the time to fabricate some? I see some mounts that move the engine back an inch. Is this for weight distribution or is there a specific reason to move it back? So many questions!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Welcome to the site.

I would look into getting a replica block of your engine and tranny and figure out from three. It doesn't weight much and it lets you figure out your motor mounts and any possible clearance issues without have a heavy ass motor and tranny in the way.

I'd also try getting some books and dvd's on the subject. Others will chime in but that's what I'd do first.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

this...will be an awesome project...please stay active on this forum and dont be afraid to ask any questions....and dont forget pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! Unfortunately, that is all I can say as I have never tackled an LS swap. I have seen lots of swap products from various vendors though -- wire harnesses, engine mounts, carb intakes, etc... There appears to be a lot available for projects like this.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and welcome. If I recall correctly, there are a few specialty shops that sell kits to swap LS motors into other vehicles. If you do a google search you're bound to find them, or someone on here may have knowledge of them. If I also recall correctly, another member on here was doing the same, but with an older model El Camino. If I can remember who that was, he may be worth contacting.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Thread Information