Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New guy needs basic info

This is a discussion on New guy needs basic info within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Hoyt572 Thanks, also i've been lookin for a chip or programer for my car but it seems ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt572 View Post
    Thanks, also i've been lookin for a chip or programer for my car but it seems like they don't make any for the 98 only 99 and newer models any ideas there?
    vinci makes a hand held for the 98's I do believe. After that you're looking at a full editor like efilive or hptuners. Hypertech makes a handheld for the 98's also but it's not flexible and leans the car out quite a bit. I would really look at a full editor or taking the car somewhere to have it tuned. Depending a lot on your mod situation and future plans for the car.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondoing View Post
    I recently sold my 99 Mustang GT before buying my Z and I had a tornado in the stang which helped out with mileage and a decent power boost, especially for the price. Does anyone know anything about how our Z28's respond to tornados?
    waste of money, put that money towards other mods. Do you have the basics yet like a lid and catback?

Midnight Blue
    98 Camaro

I'm lookin at the hypertech 30028 programer, anyone have one or heard things about them?

Midnight Blue
    98 Camaro

vinci makes a hand held for the 98's I do believe. After that you're looking at a full editor like efilive or hptuners. Hypertech makes a handheld for the 98's also but it's not flexible and leans the car out quite a bit. I would really look at a full editor or taking the car somewhere to have it tuned. Depending a lot on your mod situation and future plans for the car.
    thanks for the info on that, on a compleatly different topic ideas on catbacks?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm lookin at the hypertech 30028 programer, anyone have one or heard things about them?
    I would personally recommend to pass on that and get either a better hand held or custom tuning after a few mods. The hpp3 is the worst of the hand helds. It has a sweeping tune for all cars where as the other hand helds will let you adjust fueling a spark to some degree. Your best bet if you're wanting a hand held is to get in touch with "mrr23" on here. He knows the vinci programmers inside and out and is the perfect person for you to ask about it. Above all of that a custom tune is much better and can be tailored to your car much better.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

thanks for the info on that, on a compleatly different topic ideas on catbacks?
    The running favorite seems to be the magnaflow. I personally like the GMMG but it's expensive and some people don't like it due to the rasp if you get headers and lose the cats. You can go to ls1sounds.com and listen to most combinations out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information