arctic white
    98 Camaro SS

new a/c compressor doesn't work

I'll start by saying I bought my 98 ss about 5 months ago and the a/c compressor was locked up and the belt gone(of course). I just got around to installing a reman unit along with a reciever dryer. I flushed the whole system one pice at a time, reassembled everything then drew a vaccum on the system for about 20min. I understand I may need to jumper accross the pressure switch to make the compressor run until The system gets some freon in it, but that won't even make the compressor run. I checked voltage at the compressor pigtail and have none so I don't think its a bad compressor. any insight from someone smarter than me would be greatly appreciated!

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Did you replace the orifice tube? Could be clogged with crap from the dead compressor.

As soon as you put some refrigerant in the system the compressor should begin pumping.....no need to jump it.

arctic white
    98 Camaro SS

yes I replaced the orifice tube also, I put almost 1 full can of 134 in but I still dont seem to be getting 12 volts to the compressor. I'm hoping ther is a fuse hiding somewhere, but I think I've checked them all.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by arcticss98 View Post
    yes I replaced the orifice tube also, I put almost 1 full can of 134 in but I still dont seem to be getting 12 volts to the compressor. I'm hoping ther is a fuse hiding somewhere, but I think I've checked them all.
    Not sure what the LS1 requires but it may need more than just one can of r134a when refilling from empty.. Don't forget to wear eye protection messing with refrigerant.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

arctic white
    98 Camaro SS

I figured it out! I replaced the refrigerant pressure sensor located near the orifice tube on the high side line and, watta ya know, it works. ICE COLD AIR! I don't know if one had anything to do with the other, but it works now.

Thread Information