White
    1999 Transam WS6

New brake pads, still hear squeaking.

Well, I just changed all 4 brake pads yesterday with hawk ceramics. The squeal went away for yesterday and most of today until I was driving home this night.
    On my way home tonight I started hearing the squealing again, which seems to be coming from(I think), the drivers side front brake. What do you guys think it can be?

It also seems like occasionally braking also influences my steering wheel direction.
    Last edited by Aetos; 07-14-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well first off. . . . . . . . Did you put anything the back of the pads? There is MANY products that work great. I usually use a spray by Permatex that is in a small purple can. Shit for that matter you can even use a high temp silicon.

For the issue with the steering wheel. . . . . . . . Did you have the rotors turned?
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I see you live in NYC. The crappy roads here will make it tend to pull around when you brake. There is always grooves in the pavement and with wide tires they tend to pull. Use the brakes lightly not getting too much heat in them for a few miles. If you overheat them you will sometimes get some squeeling. Like ls2tuner said something on the backs of the pads helps keep away the squeeling.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Well first off. . . . . . . . Did you put anything the back of the pads? There is MANY products that work great. I usually use a spray by Permatex that is in a small purple can. Shit for that matter you can even use a high temp silicon.

For the issue with the steering wheel. . . . . . . . Did you have the rotors turned?
    I use some red brake grease or something akin to that which came with the hawk pads.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    I see you live in NYC. The crappy roads here will make it tend to pull around when you brake. There is always grooves in the pavement and with wide tires they tend to pull. Use the brakes lightly not getting too much heat in them for a few miles. If you overheat them you will sometimes get some squeeling. Like ls2tuner said something on the backs of the pads helps keep away the squeeling.
    Yea, I was thinking these crappy roads have something to do with it as it doesn't always occur and the only thing thats constantly changing is the road under my car. My father also said he thinks its probably the shitty roads along with my tight suspension and wide tires.

Thread Information