new bcm or not 2000 T/A

This is a discussion on new bcm or not 2000 T/A within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Started having issues with keyless entry, doors won't unlock at all now. Replaced batteries in both remotes still doesn't work ...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

new bcm or not 2000 T/A

Started having issues with keyless entry, doors won't unlock at all now. Replaced batteries in both remotes still doesn't work tried reprogramming remotes and car goes into programming mode but fobs will not program. Been told by a few people that the bcm is probably bad, seems like if it goes into programming mode the bcm is working. Is it possible the bcm is bad or is it possibly the remotes?

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Are you trying to use the original remotes with the new BCM? I don't think you can re-use original remotes with a new BCM. I know with most cars, when you buy a replacement BCM, you also have to order new fobs as well. Someone else will assist in this thread.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

where you get the bcm from? Dealer? If so they should have order one from your Vin number and it should be program to it. Otherwise you need to match the bcm to the correct remote like Rich was saying.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I guess the subject was a little misleading but I never replaced the bcm or got new remotes. Was just wondering if it was possible the bcm was bad even though it goes into programming mode or if the remotes could be bad.

Navy Blue Metallic

common bcm failure is three solder points crack.

I'm looking for the fix

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    common bcm failure is three solder points crack.

I'm looking for the fix
    From what I've heard when the solder is broke your lights and radio will flicker, came across that fix somewhere but can't remember exactly where, think it might have been on the ls1tech site. Not experiencing any of that at the moment.

Blog Entries

Mystic Teal
    1999 Formula WS6

Lights will flicker with a bcm problem? I have a voltage problem that I can't figure out and my lights all flicker and volt gauge flickers. I've tried almost everything to fix it too. Can anyone confirm that a bcm will cause this???

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by tekkauto View Post
    Lights will flicker with a bcm problem? I have a voltage problem that I can't figure out and my lights all flicker and volt gauge flickers. I've tried almost everything to fix it too. Can anyone confirm that a bcm will cause this???
    I'd check to make sure none of the lights are filled with water. My tail lights did that when they got filled. Solved it by drilling 1/8" holes on the bottom of the tail lights for drainage. No more problems.

But it could be other stuff as well

Corrected "1/8"
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 01-24-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Scott meant 1/8" diameter holes. Do not drill 1.8" holes in your tail lights lol.
    It's on jackstands.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tekkauto View Post
    I think the solder points that crack in the bcm only pertains to the interior lights flickering, the door locks and the radio, not sure about the exterior lights if that's what your talking about. I'd start by checking the light sockets like Scott mentioned and if that's not it try checking the voltage coming out of the alternator and have the battery load tested. I know a while back some of my gauges were jumping all over the place found out there was a dead cell in the battery, replaced the battery and problem was solved.

Blog Entries

Mystic Teal
    1999 Formula WS6

My Racetronix fuel pump hums with the flicker as the volt guage. Hmm... New battery seemed to fix it for awhile but my battery tray is broken. Maybe I cracked a plate? This problemo may be more simple than I thought.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I believe a few grounds are on the radiator core support as well. Check them for rust/corrosion while you're inspecting things under the hood and get back to us with what you find.

Thread Information