bluish purple
    2001 trans am ws6

New 2001 ws6 what performance parts do i get????

hey i just got a 2001 pontiac trans am ws6 and i want to buy the correct performance parts for this car for the best horsepower. this past monday another trans am pulled up next to me when i was parked and started telling me some ways to make my car better. he had told me that slp flows would give me the best legal loundness possible over magnaflow. also he told me that there is a better air intake system than k&n but i do not remember what that air intake is. i also heard that my automatic transmission is most likely to blow is that true?? i would appreciate any helpful ideas and tips. thank you

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mexican4life650 View Post
    hey i just got a 2001 pontiac trans am ws6 and i want to buy the correct performance parts for this car for the best horsepower. this past monday another trans am pulled up next to me when i was parked and started telling me some ways to make my car better. he had told me that slp flows would give me the best legal loundness possible over magnaflow. also he told me that there is a better air intake system than k&n but i do not remember what that air intake is. i also heard that my automatic transmission is most likely to blow is that true?? i would appreciate any helpful ideas and tips. thank you

Why would your tranny blow??? You might want to ask this all aboe in the general section. Here we just like to wish you welcome. Welcome to LS1.com!!!

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Well... It sounds like the guy you talked to was an idiot. Your trans isnt going to blow. Your rear end on the other hand is the weak spot in your driveline, although being an automatic you should be fine for a little while.
    Since you just purchased the car i would start with a complete tune-up to include, plugs, wires, all fluids and filters, clean the maf and throttle body.
    Throw that K&N filter in the trash and pick up a paper filter, does the same job but you dont have to worry about oil fouling up your Maf.
    Whats your budget and ultimate goals look like?
    Most people start with Intake and Exhaust and then do a little suspensioin Ie subframe connectors.
    Welcome to the party bud.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

We need to know your intentions for the car and what budget you have. There are a ton of parts, so it depends on what you want out of your car.

Also, is your WS6 stock right now?

Basic improvements are subframes connectors, exhaust and a different intake. Probably run you around $800 right there.

black
    2002 WS6

well, I started with handling on my 2002 WS6, doped in some UMI lower control arms and panard bar in the back. Made a wold of difference with road manners. the Back end doesn't feel as floppy and skittish as with the factory stuff over cracks in the road.

Sub frame connectors are the next on the list to get rid of the body flex. An air lid is a good choice too, cheap and easy to install. I just put an SLP on mine a couple of weeks ago. Throttle is defiantly crisper, how ever I don;t have time right now to take it to the track and see how my times are.

As for the mentioning the SLP loud mouth exhaust, volume does not equate to power. Loud is for red necks and kids, tone is for adults and those who don't want to be cop magnets.

Magnaflow is one the better flowing cat back out there as far as I know. My car came with flowmaster muffler and 3inch cat back. On a good hook i can get 13.9-14.0.

Thread Information