Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need some help guys...frustrated

This is a discussion on Need some help guys...frustrated within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; when i 1st got my car....i check the batt lugs they were a little corroded....but then i pulled off those ...

silver
    2000 formula

when i 1st got my car....i check the batt lugs they were a little corroded....but then i pulled off those big freakin plastic covers off the terminal ends..yes it comes off...it will slide off just pull on it....MAJOR corrosion....it was so bad i did not even know how any volts were gettin thru.....so be sure to keep it ALL clean

Black
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

I ran the Bosch 13444. Then I plugged in the scan tool and the light went out. I passed inspection. The very next day after this battery issue the same service engine light and sensor code came on again. I want to say it was P0133? I did replace this sensor which was on the header collector drivers side. That was the only one I could find to replace. When I pulled the old one out it was completly black and charred looking.

NBM
    2000 WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post
    Absolutely spot on..... I drove mine to work one day, took the battery out 'cause i was making a fancy battery cover on our laser machine
    at work and when i came to put the battery back i tightened the terminals back just enough to be "tight" and a flaky difficult start up followed
    so i get out go to tweak the terminals just a tad more and the positive just "fell out" the side of the battery

Had to buy a new one and the problem was gone along....... with a chunk of hard earned!! (
    Where did you get a replacement cable? I think I need a new positive cable.
    Smasher

2000 WS-6, NBM, BGRA, Clear Lid, Delphi MAF, Bobbit EGR, FLP Long Tubes, SLP Loudmouth, STB, SFC, EradiSpeed rotors, Fire Hawks, and lots of Zaino

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    Where did you get a replacement cable? I think I need a new positive cable.
    you can either buy them at the auto parts or buy cable by the foot and get connectors for it and make your own cables.
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information