Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need some help with codes.

This is a discussion on Need some help with codes. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by SteveC No offense intended, I think it is totally irresponsible to let a teenager (if that is ...

red black
    98Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    No offense intended, I think it is totally irresponsible to let a teenager (if that is her age) drive a vehicle like that.

The accident rate for young people along with the ticket ratio is higher, for they do not process information as adults do.

I myself @ 64 years old would not want to get behind the wheel of a vehicle like that.

JMHO

SteveC

So whats it like being bored to death, careful getting out of the bathtub...........

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Let's keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

white
    2001 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    No offense intended, I think it is totally irresponsible to let a teenager (if that is her age) drive a vehicle like that.

The accident rate for young people along with the ticket ratio is higher, for they do not process information as adults do.

I myself @ 64 years old would not want to get behind the wheel of a vehicle like that.

JMHO

SteveC
    Steve, No offense taken. I do know how some people think its a bit much for a street car. I myself even do, but shes 24 years old, been racing since she was 9. 1/8 mile Jr dragsters that ran 7's at 85 mph. (Thats all the faster NHRA would let us go) She has been racing my Top Dragster for the last couple years (also on her dime like the T/A) Right now that car runs 7.60's at 175mph. She is familiar with HP, as is my oldest Daughter. Someday she may even find my Keith Black blown Hemi in that car, then hello 200+ mph club.

Now, back on track. Cammed I spoke to soon. After she drove it a few miles the idle is back to same old way. I will be installing a new IAC and hopefully that does it. The good news is the check engine light is still off

Thanx again for the help, really appreciate it.

SuperSSguy,I usually try to be on my best behavior when I join a new site. Have to see to what degree I can let my comments go. I only took one smarta$$ pill this morning so I should be ok. After your bathtub comment I think I will be safe here. LMAO at that one.

EDIT! WOOPS! I blamed that comment on the wrong guy. 89 RS&98Z28 gets the credit! LOL, (sorry sssguy)
    Last edited by badassta; 10-08-2012 at 08:12 PM.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Quote Originally Posted by badassta View Post
    Steve, No offense taken. I do know how some people think its a bit much for a street car. I myself even do, but shes 24 years old, been racing since she was 9. 1/8 mile Jr dragsters that ran 7's at 85 mph. (Thats all the faster NHRA would let us go) She has been racing my Top Dragster for the last couple years (also on her dime like the T/A) Right now that car runs 7.60's at 175mph. She is familiar with HP, as is my oldest Daughter. Someday she may even find my Keith Black blown Hemi in that car, then hello 200+ mph club.
    Well at that age and that experience, she sounds well qualified to drive a vehicle like that, and have the reason to do so.

SteveC

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Keep us posted once the new IAC is installed. Once the IAC is installed, drive the car at about 40 MPH so the computer can relearn for a few miles.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

white
    2001 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Keep us posted once the new IAC is installed. Once the IAC is installed, drive the car at about 40 MPH so the computer can relearn for a few miles.
    Will do! Thanx for the tip! Like I said...I'm learning this thing a bit at a time. I'm used to tuning an injected alcohol motor, not so much a "street" car with the flukes that turn lights on in the dash.

Ya..I am that slow

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

But when you learn more about these motors, especially modified ones, you won't be able to keep your hands off them.

white
    2001 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    But when you learn more about these motors, especially modified ones, you won't be able to keep your hands off them.
    Crap.....not another one.... between my truck and the dragster, now this one?

I am too old to work this damn hard!

LOL, just kidding, I love fast cars/bikes/boats/planes...etc

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by badassta View Post

SuperSSguy,I usually try to be on my best behavior when I join a new site. Have to see to what degree I can let my comments go. I only took one smarta$$ pill this morning so I should be ok. After your bathtub comment I think I will be safe here. LMAO at that one.

EDIT! WOOPS! I blamed that comment on the wrong guy. 89 RS&98Z28 gets the credit! LOL, (sorry sssguy)
    WHEW! Thanks for clarifying that one, i wasnt sure what ive done this time?

white
    2001 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    WHEW! Thanks for clarifying that one, i wasnt sure what ive done this time?
    For some reason I think he had just beaten you to the comment........get quicker on typing use 2 fingers like I do

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

red black
    98Z28

I must apoligize for that as it seems I may have struck a nerve. But by all means have fun and drive em like you stole em.........

Better put my pill bottle away.

white
    2001 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 89RS&98Z28 View Post
    I must apoligize for that as it seems I may have struck a nerve. But by all means have fun and drive em like you stole em.........

Better put my pill bottle away.
    Only nerve you hit of mine was my funny bone. I am pretty sure that goes the same for SSSGuy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information