Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

need some help/advice

This is a discussion on need some help/advice within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; SPAZ, I don't see how the master/slave could be a part of the problem besides while he is shifting. I ...

Ugy Lower Corner of AL

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

SPAZ, I don't see how the master/slave could be a part of the problem besides while he is shifting. I know if they go out it's a bitch to shift and get into gear, but he's saying his problems are while cruising and being under power. I believe he can shift the through all the gears he just can't keep the engine running to stay in the gear.

Not being able to get into 5th/6th due to under power is a air/spark/fuel issue not a tranny issue from what I've been taught.

I still believe it's a PCM/timming issue, but hey OP I'm not ASE certified either, just learning from the experts on here like everyone else. Take my opinion along with a cup of coffee.

East of Cleveland, Ohio

99 WS.6 - Modified

Sounds like you're on the right track. I'd contact Frost about a tune - I think you may be right about the guy if he didn't want to talk to you or tell you what he did. Frost should be able to get your car running better. I'd also check everything over - fluids and such - just for peice of mind if nothing else. Glad to hear it's starting to come together though.

Madison, WI

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

HpTuners doesn't support LT1 PCMs so I'm not sure Frost would be able to help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information