Black
    2002 Camaro SS

need some help...

So I just got a new car (00 SS), upgrading from my 99 Z28. Anyway, the SS comes with the stock hurst w/the short stick. My Z28 was a A4, and I have never actually owned or regularly driven a stick. I mean, I can shift through the gears fine and everything (although I know there is room for improvement in doing so), and I think I'm pretty up to par on general LS1 knowledge. The question I have is: whats the best way to launch this thing?

I have tried some searching the forum, can't really find a clear enough answer. I feel dumb even asking such a newbie question, but I just thought I should ask some people who know to prevent screwing it up while I "learned the ropes". So any help would be appreciated, even if there is some old thread link or something out there. thanks in advance guys...

note: the SS is basically stock (slp exhaust, lid)

hugger orange

I know from running imports we would rev and dump around 3000 rpms, sorry my goat is an auto so I'm not sure, but I would say about the same rpm for you to start out at then try and try again till you get to do just what you want... I hope this helped

Thread Information