Thread: Need Input ASAP

Red/Black
    1999 SS SLP#1507

Need Input ASAP

Here is the question - My SS did not have factory power windows, door locks or mirrors, so about 2 years ago I had it converted, bought power windows from gm, door locks where aftermarket, everything worked fine, but no function it the car was not switched to the on position (not acc.). Last week I had some problems with the windows, so I bought a gm wiring harness. My problem I strip the inside bare to find a mess and the company that did it is closed. Do I (1) Put it back together and live with it.
    (2) Rut the new harness in and make it work.
    (3) Find someone local (NE Atlanta) to repair the damage.

Thanks you in advance for your input.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by enjun View Post
    Here is the question - My SS did not have factory power windows, door locks or mirrors, so about 2 years ago I had it converted, bought power windows from gm, door locks where aftermarket, everything worked fine, but no function it the car was not switched to the on position (not acc.). Last week I had some problems with the windows, so I bought a gm wiring harness. My problem I strip the inside bare to find a mess and the company that did it is closed. Do I (1) Put it back together and live with it.

Depends on how much money/time you have/are willing to put into it.. how mechanically inclined you are (especially with wiring).. and if there is a reliable shop that actually knows what they are doing.

Good luck with any decision.. but if it were mine.. It would drive me nuts knowing the car was not done properly and left that way... so I would get it fixed... you're the only one that knows how in your situation.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I would've left it as the stripper it was as they are pretty rare...

A friend of mine had a 99 stripper SS and he had to order it that way.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by enjun View Post

How did you work around the BCM ?
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

No help, but I hope the driver side power seat track I sold you still works?

Thread Information