Dnally

Unhappy Need help!!! too much fuel pressure?

I have a 99 trans am and since i have taken my nos kit off, my car hasn't ran the same as before. It smells like gas and bogs second gear i feel that it's because of fuel problems, is 64 lbs at idle too much for a pretty much stock car need some help

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I assume you pulled off all the solenoids and stuff.....did you boost your pump? I have a Walbro 255 and have 62lbs of pressure constant to the fuel rails....

Dnally
    I have not added any boost to the pump and if your talking about the nos solenoids then the answer is yes. i have noticed that on cooler nights the car runs better and i even notice improvements when i remove the air breather i was told it could be the fuel regulator but i can't just go to autozone and buy one because it has to be purchased through GM and at a hefty price which is a risky move not knowing if it's even the regulator

98 Formula
    06 duramax

was your car tuned or do you have access to have it tuned? You could bandaid it with a tune but unless you have something installed it sounds like you have an equipment problem somewhere.

White
    98 Trans AM

Yes, this does sound like equipment problems. I have a 255 pump also and run at 62 Lbs but if you have not upgraded your pump I think on stock that normally is around 58 to 60 Lbs. Like was previously mentioned you could get a tune to lean it out some but that is just working around the problem and once the true issue is fixed you should get it re tuned so you don't lean out to much and risk detonation! Good luck in finding it!!
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

Dnally
    thanks for the help guys i do have a friend that can program it for me and i guess that could get it done but if i find out what caused the fuel pressure to go up i'll let you know i have a hypertech power programmer on it, should i take that off before he hooks it up to his computer

Thread Information