need help ses

This is a discussion on need help ses within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok heres the story I live in a state that requires emmisions test.my car has been flashing the code for ...

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

Question need help ses

ok heres the story I live in a state that requires emmisions test.my car has been flashing the code for evaporative emmisions for quit a while I have a code reader so I usually clear it.. I have replaced the gas cap and the solonoid in the engine bay, I jacked up the car to check the tubing. the code went away about three weeks ago on its own.. I dont drive much (company van) I went in to get the test done and got turned away my computer was scrambled.. I drove about another two hundred miles went back and the computer was still scambled I talked to the office and explained, they called the state and got authorization to do the test the old fashion way.. I go back today to get it done and just as I pull onto the dyno my code comes back ses I hide it from them get the test done, pass get home check it evaporative emmisions again is that expensive ass charcoal filter the only thing left to change.... btw car is 01 ta 57000 and runs great no problems

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Clear it right before the test??

Scrambled?? Can you clarify that for me a bit?

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

When you reset DTC you reset the readiness tests for other emissions like EGR, AIR and O2 sensor readiness. They require time and miles to show ready. That might be what they are talking about.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Clear it right before the test??

Scrambled?? Can you clarify that for me a bit?
    they can tell when you clear it the computer needs to go through its checks or it wont register I dont know how they do it and besides I complained and got them to plug into the tailpipe and it did pass but I want to fix the issue and get the light off for good it sucks driving and seeing that light..

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

so I guess what i want to know is what is the next step to solve issue and get ses to go away, especially since in my opinion this is for a function that is not needed

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what's the actual code number? Is it for a leak? I would probably start by smoking the system if it's for a leak.

Thread Information