Results 1 to 19 of 19

Need Help Service Engine light???

This is a discussion on Need Help Service Engine light??? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; So I went out to start the Maro tonight and after I backed it out of the drive way the ...

  1. #1
    Build in progress Derrick1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, United S
    Posts
    180

    Red
    2002 Z28

    Need Help Service Engine light???

    So I went out to start the Maro tonight and after I backed it out of the drive way the service engine light came on. I was wondering is there a way to get the code to pull up without a scanner. Only reason I ask is it was possible to do on my Dakota but I just don't know the way to get it displayed on the Maro. Thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    You need a scan tool, With OBD 1 systems you can jump terminals but not with obd 2. Autozone and advance auto can scan it for free. Once you get the code post it up and we can help you further...
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    174

    Pewter
    2001 Z28

    I just ask my car, and then she tells me whats wrong in this hot female voice over the stereo. Its pretty awesome. We have a special connection I guess you could say.

  4. #4
    Build in progress Derrick1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, United S
    Posts
    180

    Red
    2002 Z28

    Alright ran down to Advanced this morning and the code is P0300 which the service guy said basically a tune up which I am in the process of doing right now anyways any other info on this?

  5. #5
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1227 View Post
    Alright ran down to Advanced this morning and the code is P0300 which the service guy said basically a tune up which I am in the process of doing right now anyways any other info on this?
    http://www.obd-codes.com/p0300

  6. #6
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    plugs, coil pack, wires, injectors.
    check them.

  7. #7
    Build in progress Derrick1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, United S
    Posts
    180

    Red
    2002 Z28

    Well I managed to get plugs 1-5 done got to 6 and I can't reach the wire to pull the wire but I did notice prior to that I didn't have a 1'' extension to reach back there anyway. But prior #6 plug wire was not even connected so I managed to get it back on and light went away and with the 5 other plugs changed I have no hard mis right now

  8. #8
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1227 View Post
    Well I managed to get plugs 1-5 done got to 6 and I can't reach the wire to pull the wire but I did notice prior to that I didn't have a 1'' extension to reach back there anyway. But prior #6 plug wire was not even connected so I managed to get it back on and light went away and with the 5 other plugs changed I have no hard mis right now
    Did you put new ones in? I wouldn't recommend leaving the last 2 unchanged.

  9. #9
    Build in progress Derrick1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, United S
    Posts
    180

    Red
    2002 Z28

    I put new ones in all the but the last 3 I am going to change them but I was basically changing plugs between rain showers so no worries I am going to change the last 3 probably on Monday

  10. #10
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Did you put new ones in? I wouldn't recommend leaving the last 2 unchanged.


    +10 DO NOT skip the last two. You will be kicking yourself in the ass later for not doing them. Its tough but its managable. Try harder lol

  11. #11
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    +10 DO NOT skip the last two. You will be kicking yourself in the ass later for not doing them. Its tough but its managable. Try harder lol
    It may cost you some alittle blood and sweat...

    I feel like I have had a spark plug convo once already today? Weird.

  12. #12
    LSwut tep98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,705

    Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    It may cost you some alittle blood and sweat...

    I feel like I have had a spark plug convo once already today? Weird.
    ...

  13. #13
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    I seriously had to check the date. I'm so bored in class right now my mind is starting work backwards.

  14. #14
    Build in progress Derrick1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, United S
    Posts
    180

    Red
    2002 Z28

    Oh I'm not giving up on it I can get the last ones out and I'm sure the car will be fine for a couple days. I changed the ones in my Dak and left the last two and changed them a couple days later and they were just fine. Plus I can get my new wires ordered and put them all on in one shot.

  15. #15
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1227 View Post
    Oh I'm not giving up on it I can get the last ones out and I'm sure the car will be fine for a couple days. I changed the ones in my Dak and left the last two and changed them a couple days later and they were just fine. Plus I can get my new wires ordered and put them all on in one shot.
    Good deal

  16. #16
    Build in progress Derrick1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, United S
    Posts
    180

    Red
    2002 Z28

    I just did not realize going in that those last 2 would be so hard. Then again the 8 on my Dakota were all on top just pull the coil and change took me like a whooping 15mins after I figured everything out

  17. #17
    Electrical Engineer KMdef9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North of the Motorcity
    Posts
    2,611

    Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1227 View Post
    I just did not realize going in that those last 2 would be so hard. Then again the 8 on my Dakota were all on top just pull the coil and change took me like a whooping 15mins after I figured everything out
    After my F-150, I started to change the plugs from the rear working towards the front, getting the hard stuff out of the way 1st.

  18. #18
    Junior Member GONZO SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    84

    pewter
    2000 SS

    idk if u unbolted the coil pack but it will make it a hell of alot easier

  19. #19
    Build in progress Derrick1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Kentucky, United S
    Posts
    180

    Red
    2002 Z28

    Nope but I'm glad you said that because I will be doing that to get the last ones out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Service engine soon light ! why why why???
    By denegrader in forum General Help
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
  2. Check Engine light vs. Service Engine light
    By bigrig73 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:11 AM
  3. Help: Service Engine Soon Light.engine Code No.7missfire
    By josh68 in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM
  4. Service engine soon light = Check engine light?
    By jinxeng in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 01:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •