Need help with remote
This is a discussion on Need help with remote within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Purchased remote 2 years ago. Today mine went and dont have spare. Cant find directions on programming it. Anyone know ...
08-18-2009, 03:33 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- RICHMOND VA
- 2002 FORMULA
Need help with remote
Purchased remote 2 years ago. Today mine went and dont have spare. Cant find directions on programming it. Anyone know how. Need help fast! 2002 formula
08-18-2009, 03:39 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
- Saint Louis, MO
Arctic White & Black
- '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.
... I don't know if you're locked out or not. If locked out, add-step, find Slim Jim.
Maybe that'll help?
08-18-2009, 03:59 PM #3
Don't forget to remove the radio fuse.
08-18-2009, 04:58 PM #4
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2000 CamaroSS
Directly from the 2002 owners manual
Matching Transmitter(s) to Your VehicleEach remote keyless entry transmitter is coded to
prevent another transmitter from unlocking your vehicle.
If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be
purchased through your dealer. Remember to bring
any remaining transmitters with you when you go to
your dealer. When the dealer matches the replacement
transmitter to your vehicle, any remaining transmitters
must also be matched. Once your dealer has coded the
new transmitter, the lost transmitter will not unlock
your vehicle. Each vehicle can have a maximum of
four transmitters matched to it.
Have each transmitter you intend to match ready for
the next steps. To match transmitters to your vehicle,
do the following:
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, then to OFF.
This will disarm the content theft-deterrent/alarm
system (if equipped).
2. Remove the RADIO fuse. This fuse is located in the
main fuse block which is located on the left side of
your instrument panel. See “Fuses and Circuit
Breakers” in the Index.
3. Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN three times
quickly (within five seconds). The vehicle will
respond by locking the doors, unlocking the driver’s
door and releasing the hatch. Your transmitter is
now ready to match the vehicle. Leave the ignition
4. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons
on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The vehicle
will respond as in Step 3.
5. Repeat Step 4 for the remaining transmitters.
6. When you have finished matching all of your
transmitters, replace the RADIO fuse.
7. Check that all transmitters work by pressing
If the transmitters don’t work, or if you’d rather not
match the transmitters yourself, see your dealer.
08-18-2009, 05:02 PM #5
I used these instructions for both of mine
1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2. Remove the RADIO fuse.
3. Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine) 3 times within 5 second ending in the RUN position. The vehicle will verify entry into the programming mode by locking then unlocking the door locks.
4. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for approximately 15 seconds. The vehicle will verify programming by locking then unlocking the door locks. Your new remote has been accepted and all existing remote codes have been erased.
5. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters). You may program up to 4 transmitters. This must be done before the RADIO fuse is reinstalled.
6. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position. IMPORTANT: The remote keyless entry system will not be operational if the radio fuse is open.
7. Replace the RADIO fuse. If at any time it is necessary to restart the procedure, turn the ignition OFF and proceed again with step number 1.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Goldcuffs in forum General HelpReplies: 24Last Post: 02-10-2016, 12:43 PM
By DUBB in forum Firebird / WS6Replies: 9Last Post: 07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
By mockler in forum Stereo and ElectronicsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-05-2007, 09:43 AM
By ANUTT1 in forum General HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
By Sky042 in forum Eastern MembersReplies: 5Last Post: 10-09-2005, 12:32 AM