Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Need Help Pricing, Hope this is the right place, NOT SALE

First off the car is not for sale as of now, so please don't delete and move to for sale. But if that is the correct place to post this then can you please move or let me know and I will re-post. Any complements are also welcome lol.

Sadly I think it might be time for me to sell my beloved camaro. Living in Michigan it has just seemed to become unpractical for someone just trying to start out. I have loved this car and care for it very well. The problem I have is pricing it fairly. I completely understand not getting invested money back but I think you can see my confusion once I got into detail of what is done with the car. I figured with all the knowledge here this would be the best place to ask. I used to be decently active on this forum under a different name before I forgot the password and no longer had the e-mail address.

Here are the details. The car used to be a 2000 Camaro V6 with the sport package (rs, V8 diff with 3.43 gears basically). It now has a V8 pulled from a 2004 Corvette. And list of the modifications are as followed…

• 2000 Camaro V6 vin
    • 120,xxx miles on suspension, 21,xxx miles on engine, 86,xx miles on gauge
    • Oil changed every 2-3k miles
    • Waxed every other month
    • Red with T-tops
    • SS hood with “mante” black stripe
    • SLP Air filter hood
    • SLP smooth bellows
    • Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor
    • BBK Throttle Body
    • LS6 Intake Manifold
    • Ported heads (not cnc)
    • Ported oil pump
    • Texas Speed torquer V3 camshaft (matching springs and pushrods)
    o Texas Speed Torquer V3 231/234 .643/598 Camshaft
    • Heddman Headers
    • Pacesetter Y-Pipe
    • Flowmaster dual exhaust
    • Transmission rebuilt with all Kevlar parts (good up to 600hp)
    • Transgo Shift kit
    • Transmission fluid cooler w/ braided steel lines
    • Yank 3600 stall lock-up torque converter
    • Air fuel ratio gauge
    • Trans temp gauge (just to keep an eye on it, never had any problems)
    • Interceptor Gauge (if you don’t know what it is, check it out, one of the best mods I did)
    o Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Interceptor
    • All work done at Victory Racing Engines (Well known in LS1s)
    • Dyno Tuned at Vector Motorsports (Also well known)
    • UMI 3 Point subframe connectors
    • UMI tunnel brace
    • Aluminum Drive Shaft
    • Bilstein HD shocks
    • Shortened Shift selector (I just think the stock height is way to high)
    • Interior backlighting switched to red L.E.D.s
    • Ran a quarter once to see the time, it ran 11.53 when I eased into the throttle to put as little stress as possible on the diff.
    • Everything runs perfectly fine and is my daily driver, trust the set-up completely.
    • I lost track at $17,000 invested (have all receipts so I could figure it out but to be honest I don’t want to see)
    • I am sure I have forgot some stuff but this gets you the jist

As I hope you can see I invested a lot of time, money and car into the car and I am sad just thinking about letting it go. But like I said before starting out is a bit hard and Im having some problems justifying owning it. This is just a feeler right now asking for some input from some knowledgeable people I know are here often in how to even start pricing it. Honestly if it just worth the price of a 120k mile v6 camaro I most likely will just keep it. Was thinking maybe averaging the price of a 120k v6 and a 21k mile v8 but that is simply a guess. Any polite information is welcomed. Thank you very much. Happy driving.

Chris

227145_2959727351320_1205613456_101616666_483482_n.jpg

chris 099.jpg

223453_2959719231117_1205613456_101616635_8212501_n.jpg
    Chris

2000 Camaro SS - ported BBK throttle body, ls6 intake, granatelli MAF, yank 3,500 stall torque converter, Texas Speed Torquer 3 cam, hedmann headers and y-pipe, slp intake lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, gasket matched heads, dyno tuned, built trans, UMI 3-point SFC. 11.58sec

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Opps forgot fuel rails and custom Third Shift Studio (vendor here) emblems.

chris 105.jpg

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

What kind of HP/TQ did it put down?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

At the time or the dyno pull it had a diff torque converter in it (TCI). 2 weeks later it blew (hence the trans rebuild, and as-long as I was in there I bullet proofed it). The number I pulled originally were low for what I and the builder projected and when I told them the converter blew they said that mostly like was why (had problems with slipping). I haven't got a pull since the new converter was installed, I can give you the first numbers but they are too low to run that quarter and most likely are wrong. I have the original dyno run sheet for whats its worth.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Personally, I think you put yourself in a pickle with what you've done to the car. While you have some impressive modifications, this type of build is going to be very specific to a niche market. Not as many people want V6 bodies with V8 motors as they do authentic V8's.

No idea on price. What someone is willing to pay is the real price, and that's not easy to figure out.

I think your idea of averaging isn't a bad start. If you intend on selling it at some point, I would start high though. You can always come down, you cannot ask for more if someone jumps on it right away because you priced it too low.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Yea, The swap is on the list of my worse decisions I've made. I count it on me being young and hard headed, but that's just an excuse. humm, any other insights from people? mostly likely what Ill do is find a price somewhere in the middle of all the suggestions and insight, so the more the better. Thank you 35th-ANV-SS
    Last edited by 00camaro16; 10-10-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: opps typos

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Selling a modded vehicle to the general public can be hard since most people don't want to pay more for it or don't believe it raises the price. In fact most people will say it is actually worth less. Unless you sell it to a car enthusiast you are likely to get less than what a stock v8 is worth since it was originally a v6. That being said, if you find the right buyer you may get more.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Start taking it to car shows and tracks with a for sale sign listing the mods. That is the target group you're looking for. I seen more hot rods sold that way then any ad listing. Other then ebay placing an ad on CL and local might not give you best results.

If I was to try to place a price I would look at KBB for a base model V6, then add the cost of the parts without the labor plus maybe 500-1000 on top. My reasoning is labor is very subjected and varies in cost depending on the install plus no one will ever pay you that. Parts can be justified and proven with receipts and a look over.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I'm with Jon and Scott, you need to take to events to find that type of buyer. Keep your eyes open for a comparable V8 for sale and knock a couple grand off. I'd try even just posting it up Craigslist and put "make an offer" on it to get a feel for the market.

Otherwise, my recommendation would be to part it out. But that's only good if you don't need the money in a hurry.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

In my opinion, you made that car unique. You should keep it.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I had the same problem with a bike GSXR955 I had stuffed a boat load of money and time into the motor and other customizing when I went to sell it blue book was nothing still I listed it high and guy out of state seen it on eBay and just had to have it..my last bike VTX1800 same thing modified to the hilt got $200 over blue book didn't even cover the rear tire, so I say list it everywhere you can maybe some one will give you what you want you probably will lose some, you'll find a buyer...list and list and list again...or like Rich said keep it, cut back on other things like eating LOL

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Basicly the car is worthless, take all the mods and sweep them aside as they don't count to the good.

With that said, that is going to be true if you traded the car in, since as a trade in a dealer is going to base it's value on it's VIN and possibly its RPO codes.

The others are on to something with the nitch market though.

Someone out there will buy it, but it may take some time.

Keep it in the private market if you ever hope to make a little on it.

Personally I'd keep it and look for a cheap beater for the winter months.

As it sits it's a roughly low mile car (aside from the 120k stuff) that's owned free and clear.

Don't know your entire situation but it sounds like a new car payment and the high dollar insurrance required of a new car is not up your alley right now.

Just my .02
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

If you like what you did to and and don't want to redo it just keep it. You'll want it once springs rolls around again.

Thread Information