Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Need Help with LS1

This is a discussion on Need Help with LS1 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; are you currently throwing codes? Still throwing the lean code? Keep in mind it's difficult if not impossible to diagnose ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

are you currently throwing codes? Still throwing the lean code? Keep in mind it's difficult if not impossible to diagnose a cammed car on the board so at most you'll just get peoples best guess.
    It sounds like you're fuel pressure is 60 right? If so you can pretty much rule out the pump and filter.
    The lean code, hiccups on take off, and stalling makes me think it's a tune issue most likely but it could also be MAF related unless you're running without the MAF. That MS4 on stock heads would take a pretty good tuner to nail down. I'm always 100% behind someone wanting to tackle tuning their own car but IMO you'd get very frustrated trying to tune that car yourself and it would most likely be a decision you'd regret. I would personally find a good local tuner and take the car to them. Tuning software and wideband isn't cheap and that's a pretty tough set up to learn on. Just my opinion so take it as such.

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

Im SOOOO happy to post this. Im finally done with my problem. I replaced my fuel pump and that easy my problem was gone. I can feel such a big difference, It's like night and day type difference. I replaced it with bigger Walbro fuel pump. All I need to do now it get a new tune.

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

My fuel pump had lost so much power or ability to keep up the fuel pressure. I will probly get a tune from a local tuner, he offered 50 bucks for a tune. He had tuned my car in the past with the old owner, so all he has to do is lad it onto my PCM. Thanks for writting Everyone, your advice was very appreaciated.
    Last edited by SS201; 07-17-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information