pewter
    99 Trans Am

Question Need Help With Fuel Problem.

I have a 93 4.3 engine in a jimmy, I know this is not a ls1 but I need help.The truck quit on my wife,So I felt that it was the coil after it started after sitting a while.put on the coil did the same thing after about three minutes of running.checked firing and it was. sprayed gas in the thottle body and it started up until that gas ran out. so I replaced the fuel pump and filled the tank back with gas, tried to start it and it would'nt. what can it be? any and all help will be good.

The 4.3 "W" motor ( I could be wrong on the W part) has a single injector located underneath the intake plenum. It is a big black spider looking thing, it is one injector with six little black hoses coming off of it, and each line feeds the appropriate cylinder. These little lines are known to crack and leak. The single injector body is known to crack and or leak off the fuel pressure also. You can check this by installing a fuel pressure gauge. Turn the key on, let the fuel pump prime, then turn the key off. Your pressure should not drop. If it drops immediatly, I would put my money on that item. Unfortunatly, that injector is expensive and it is not fun to replace either.

Got passenger window problems?
    http://www.autotrix.net
    **Window Express Down Modules now availible**
    http://www.autotrix.net/products.html

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by autotrix View Post
    The 4.3 "W" motor ( I could be wrong on the W part) has a single injector located underneath the intake plenum. It is a big black spider looking thing, it is one injector with six little black hoses coming off of it, and each line feeds the appropriate cylinder. These little lines are known to crack and leak. The single injector body is known to crack and or leak off the fuel pressure also. You can check this by installing a fuel pressure gauge. Turn the key on, let the fuel pump prime, then turn the key off. Your pressure should not drop. If it drops immediatly, I would put my money on that item. Unfortunatly, that injector is expensive and it is not fun to replace either.
    I agree. I also have a 4.3 but vin X. Last year I was having fuel problems too and in digging around I found tons of instances where people with the spider set up (vin W)were having problems with cracked lines and leaky regulators. Check the fuel pressure and post back up what the pressure is and if it leaked down. The 4.3's have several common problems that come with them. Has your intake gasket started leaking yet?? Replaced mine last year. Pain in the ass job.

black
    2002 WS6

when was the last time the fuel filter was serviced?

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Thumbs up

I thank all of you for the help. I changed the fuel filter when I changed the coil.The fuel spider was changed by the ower before: I got it.Frist let me say this I got the wrong or a bad pump.Checked pressure less than 15lbs.Installed w pump and I had 49lbs of pressure,but the thing still wouldn't say running.Come to find out the control box was bad.(I hope) It's running now and my wife took it to work today,I'm hoping that I don't get another call telling me that it quit again.Once again thanks to all of you that took out the time to help give me some ideals.And yes the intake gasket is and has been leaking a long time.I don't look foward to doing it.

Thread Information