black
    2011 avalanche

Need help with Chevy Avalanche

I just got a used 2011 avalanche with only 15k miles on it and i was hoping to put a K&N air filter on it and main reason i was wanting to do that was for little fuel boost not so much power even though that will be nice... I was wondering has anyone put a cold air intake on their avalanche and should i get a exhaust system to go with it to help with the flow and increase the milage... People might be why doesn't he just get a car if he wants better gas milage well problem is i do real estate and financial planning and hunt so i am always on the road and off road... I just need help with if the cold air intake would be worth the money and should i stick with K&N or go somewhere else and if i need exhaust and if i do then what kind?

Sorry about this to everyone i'm new to this all just looking for some help from some people who know what they are talking about.
    thanks chris

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

K&N is overpriced, honestly you'll get the same results from a cheaper system like Airaid (I don't know about 2011 pricing but on my 2002 its cheaper) You could get an exhaust system too and it'll help, the only problem will be keeping your foot out of it with the new sound just look around on youtube and see what exhaust note your prefer and price ranges also. Again you won't see any mileage/power increases difference between a cheaper Flowmaster or a high end Borla, it all depends on what sound you'll like better.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

^^what he said.

I am biased toward Mangaflow. I've seen some Avalanches drive past my job with Magnaflow catbacks and they sound evil.

black
    2011 avalanche

yea i saw a K&N on a website for 275 i wouldn't buy it direct from them cause its easy to install but as long as i get same results from other air intakes i would rather prefer not to spend all to much but i haven't had an exhaust system sense high school so i have no idea but the big two which were flowmaster and magnaflow and i have the flowmaster i think 30's and they weren't loud at all... i don't want it to sound like a teenage kid drives it i want it to sound like it has power and its deep but with those two together and with those two seperately guesstamate(made up word) your gas mile improvement cause thats so key to me right now traveling all over
    Last edited by dishout26; 09-13-2012 at 08:22 PM.

black
    2011 avalanche

i would also go with turn downs and not tips out the back or anything cause i don't want to see them and i don't know what sounds best on turn downs anymore

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Exhausts sound the same whether with straight tips or turndowns.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

By turndowns do you mean before the axle? Or after the axle?

black
    2011 avalanche

most likely before the axle but I have had to move it back becuase it was to loud in the cab and i don't want that but i don't know if i should look at magnaflow or flowmaster for the deeper sounding....... and as far as the cold air intake is there any other brands i should look at besides airaid that are just as good as K&N?????

black
    2011 avalanche

does anyone know of a good website where i can buy a cold air intake system and should i even trust ebay and some of these brands i've never even heard of for about 60-90$$$

Thread Information