Thread: need help

white
    2001 ws6 trans am

need help

ok to start off... i have a 01 ws6 ta. i bought the car with elbok lowering springs on it with stock shocks. ok the prob... the tires are warn on the inside to the steal belt but only about 1 inch and right on the corner the rest of the tire is fine.... what could it be...

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by mark.deady View Post
    ok to start off... i have a 01 ws6 ta. i bought the car with elbok lowering springs on it with stock shocks. ok the prob... the tires are warn on the inside to the steal belt but only about 1 inch and right on the corner the rest of the tire is fine.... what could it be...
    Well your main problem is that those stiff springs toasted the stock shox probably in a few hundred miles and the toe is all messed up cuz it probably wasn't aligned properly after the spring job. What I'm tryin to figure out is WHY anyone would put springs on w/o doing the shox with KYB or KONI's or at least a decent set of Bilsteins...heck, it's a nasty job. A better setup is to replace the shox with Koni SA's, put the stock springs back on and adjust the Koni's to get the feel/handling you want. U can also lower by an inch too using the stock springs.

Oh, and ALWAYS the first thing you do after changin front suspension is get it aligned. It'll be really messed up till you do and tires are expensive.

Thread Information