Thread: need help

red

need help

I know this really isn't the place but I am sure someone here can help me get the help I need? I have an 2002 Tahoe and it keeps throwing a P-308 code which is a cycliner 8 mis-fire I was told to change coil pack I did and plugs and it's still running ruff as hell and drinking fuel. Please help me if you can....

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Have you tried changing the plug wire from the #8 with a different wire from a different cylinder? Fuel injector could be the problem, it was for my misfire. Also, have you had the compression tested for that cylinder because if the compression isn't right that could be your problem.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Have you tried changing the plug wire from the #8 with a different wire from a different cylinder? Fuel injector could be the problem, it was for my misfire. Also, have you had the compression tested for that cylinder because if the compression isn't right that could be your problem.
    i have heard of some people having a leaking fuel injector having the mis fire let us know how it goes because the are a lot of people on this form that have these types of trucks and suvs. and by leaking i mean around the injector sucking in air!!

red

Hey I need help I have an 2002 Tahoe and it's throwing a P-308 code which I know is cycliner 8 mis-fire... I have changed plugs and then coil pack on cycliner 8 and it still is running ruff when in slow traffic are stopped at stop sign are red light ... The wost thing right now is that it's drinking fuel as fast as I can put it in ... I need some help.. The people at dealers are telling me it's going to take about 2,500.00 to fix it... The light is one when at a idle and when I give it gas it goes off strange to me... But 2500.00 is really bad at this time of the year are anytime really.. Can someone please help me out with this...

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by mfd#1 View Post
    Hey I need help I have an 2002 Tahoe and it's throwing a P-308 code which I know is cycliner 8 mis-fire... I have changed plugs and then coil pack on cycliner 8 and it still is running ruff when in slow traffic are stopped at stop sign are red light ... The wost thing right now is that it's drinking fuel as fast as I can put it in ... I need some help.. The people at dealers are telling me it's going to take about 2,500.00 to fix it... The light is one when at a idle and when I give it gas it goes off strange to me... But 2500.00 is really bad at this time of the year are anytime really.. Can someone please help me out with this...
    well it sounds like its already been diagnosed, huh? What did the dealer say they were gonna fix for $2500?

red

Unhappy P-308 mis fire

They the "dealer" wants to re-build the engine for 2500.00 and I am hoping someone will tell me that's not the issue... They didn't run any test they said that's what it is... Kinda onfuses me when they say something like that real soon like that...huh??

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

You say "dealer" in quotes... Is it an independent used car lot type thing?

Either way, engine rebuild diagnosis that fast does seem pretty suspect to me. Injectors were mentioned, and I've seen a lot of people on here say they have had success with misfires by having the injectors cleaned at a shop.

red

dumping fuel

I found out something today on my 02 Tahoe I check the oil often and today it smeels like fuel and sometold me that it didn't need to be re-built it a fuel issue any ides ? I am thinking inj replacement is that about right?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yes you seem to have a fuel issue. Possibly a leaking fuel injector. You could pull the fuel rail up and check the injectors for leaks.
    But fuel in the oil could be a lot of things and a proper diagnosis is needed to avoid just throwing parts at it.

Thread Information