Need to find o2 sims

This is a discussion on Need to find o2 sims within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; My check engine light is on and i believe its because my cats have pretty much been gutted over time. ...

SStatus

Need to find o2 sims

My check engine light is on and i believe its because my cats have pretty much been gutted over time. Does anyone know a good place to order the o2 sims for the cats?

I'd check the code first, could be something else. Site sponsors sell them (look under exhaust category) Thunder Racing...Tbyrne...probably others too.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

E-bay

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

What other mods to you have? If its really the rear O2's, a good tune could gain you some power and disable the error code forever...
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I got mine from summitt racing

SStatus
    i have every bolt on there is except for a throttle body and the check engine light has been on every since i bought the car. But i just had an ls6 manifold put on and the tech told me that the after market cats that i have had on the for 60k miles have just been ruined and the o2 sims will turn the check engine light off anf give me more power. Does that make sense?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

not give you more power but should turn off the check engine light if thats the only problem, it will get your car running back in either open or closed loop and get you your better gas mileage back

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SStatus
    i have every bolt on there is except for a throttle body and the check engine light has been on every since i bought the car. But i just had an ls6 manifold put on and the tech told me that the after market cats that i have had on the for 60k miles have just been ruined and the o2 sims will turn the check engine light off anf give me more power. Does that make sense?
    O2 simms will not give you more power, the rear O2's are there as an emissions component. I would get the PCM scanned to find out what code you are throwing. It could be the rear O2's, it could be something else. Just throwing a fix at the check engine light isn't likely to help.

If it is the rear O2's, then you have a couple options:
    • buy simms and replace the original sensors
    • buy rear O2's and replace them (however, aftermarket cats generally aren't as effictive as the OEM ones, so you may still have the light come back)
    • have a tuner disable the rear O2's, then get the car tuned to take advantage of all that your bolt-ons can do

Personally, I'd save the money on the sensors or simms and put it to the tune, as that's the only path that will get you more power.

Thread Information