Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

need everybody to look at this

This is a discussion on need everybody to look at this within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; sue them and don't go to pep boys to get your tires...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

sue them and don't go to pep boys to get your tires

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

My point was that the insurance company will sue them for you.

i went through the same thing except i refused to pay the bill for the tires so they called the cops.Cops came wrote everything up and i paid the tire bill.This forced them to call their insurance company.NEVER LEAVE the shop with the car until someone else documents your damage.

Arctic White
    1997 Trans Am

sue em, and tell em the name of their store is very homosexual.

silver
    98 T/A ws6

UPDATE they i have left 6 messages for the adjusters to call me back. No REPLY. Next step Dis. Manager................. updates to follow

Sorry to hear bro, keep on em !

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Don't give up...and let this be a valuable lesson--don't ever take your car to Pep Boys or the like. Most of the so-called "mechanics" are idiots with room remperature IQs. I never take my F-bodies in to get tires, because such idiots do not know how to lift a car. Those nuts-for-brains "mechanics" think those side skirt mounts are the lifting points, when even a reasonbly intelligent child could look under the car and be able to tell where the frame is and to lift by the frame.

silver
    98 T/A ws6

OK i have now had some one tell me why the claim was denied. It was due to previous damage on the car. the only damage was the TOP of the driver side door skin was coming loose. so that is the reason that they are staing that they aren't claiming the side skirt, front fenders and the BOTTOM of the door that was pulled apart from the fender. they are stating the damage was caused prvious. The only other people that have lifted the car was extreme and I KNOW that they didn't do it. So now i have the district manager suppose to call me and resolve this. I also have consulted a lawyer and they stated it is a open and shut case. Mainly due to all the receipts that i have for the car and the only two places that have even lifted the car and even touched it for that fact are extreme and pep boys. So if the manager will not resolve the lawyer and i will be taking it to court..........More to follow when it evolves.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Small claims court. Go fill out the paperwork at your local courthouse. Take LOTS of pictures. Document everything since the date of the incident. Judge Judy to the rescue!

silver
    98 T/A ws6

Update Dist. manager refused to return my calls in the time allocated. Now have hired a lawyer and we are filing this next week

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

While you are waiting I would do the following. Get a BIG piece of plywood. Paint on it in black spray paint "This Pep Boys severely damaged my car, ask me how" and stand out in front of their store, but off of the property in visible sight of people coming in. That will get the managers attention, along with EVERY customer coming in. I've done it before in another manner and it's amazing how fast the company will give up the fight.

silver
    98 T/A ws6

did that but oklahoma laws prohibit that and almost got fined for it. so we are sueing for the 3k in damages the filing fees, and the 700$ lawyers fees, and the lawyer is half tempted to sue for 2k in punitive damages and mental anguish (sp?)

White
    99 Z28

I feel for ya man, Go to the top, call the manager, district manager, regional manager, up up up, you might get somewhere. I had a similar incident at Ted Weins Firestone!, they scraped my exhaust, Lifted my car onto the lift by the fenders, I was pissed. For now on I will take my wheels of and to the tire shop.

Ross

Black
    2001 Camaro z28

yeah i think the 2k punitive damages and mental anguish is a good idea. hope things work out for you

silver
    98 T/A ws6

OK we went to court today and won!! They didn't even show up. I was awarded the 3500$ I was seeking. Big thanks to the guys at Extreme Performance in OKC.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Transam 98 View Post
    OK we went to court today and won!! They didn't even show up. I was awarded the 3500$ I was seeking. Big thanks to the guys at Extreme Performance in OKC.
    Congrats man!!!! I bet it feels great to beat a big comporation!!

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

The battle isnt quite over yet,...I am happy the judge ruled in your favor but you still have to collect the money. Hopefully they will send it, give them a formal letter and include a copy of the judges ruling, put in there that they have 30 days to pay in full. If they dont take them back to court and ask for an additional 8% on top of lawyer fees and filing fees again.

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

I've had dealings with Pep Boys before, biggest bunch of rip off artists I've ever seen.

Years and years back I knew a guy that worked at one and he begged me to come in and talk to them, they didn't have a diagnostic tech and the service managers were guessing wrong on about everything. THis of course meant jobs had to be done over withno additional pay for the mechanic. I went ahead and offerred to come ina couple of days a week.

You wouldn't believe all the stuff they try to sell people that don't need it, or all the lies about things. Their pay setup is a huge ripoff for the mechanics too, they expect them to work 12 hours and only pay them for 8 or book rate on their works whichever was greater. Most of them ended up sitting around much of that 12 hours, often taking on jobs like mount/balance tires just to get 1/3 hour of labor time. They also fire people who enroll in the National Guard or leave for active duty.

To top things off I started noticing tools missing, had them (theoretically) lock all my boxes up in the back room. One day I showed up and the door was wide open, the locks on my boxes forced open and about $34,000 worth of Snap-On and other tools were missing. I told them to shove it, called the police and filed a report, rented a truck and got my tools home to check against my inventory database. Place is supposedly insured - right? They literally out-lawyered me and I ended up getting nothing.

I've seen car alignments done with sledgehammers, engines set on fire then they tried to hide all the damage, broken metal parts in the steering system epoxy glued together - it makes me shudder to think since this one had a reputation as an honest shop.

silver
    98 T/A ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    The battle isnt quite over yet,...I am happy the judge ruled in your favor but you still have to collect the money. Hopefully they will send it, give them a formal letter and include a copy of the judges ruling, put in there that they have 30 days to pay in full. If they dont take them back to court and ask for an additional 8% on top of lawyer fees and filing fees again.
    We are waiting the 10 days so that they can't fight the judgement and sending the judgement to their corp. with the stipulation that they must pay in 30 days. Otherwise by court order we can garnish assets. I'm taking them down like the bastards they are.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Congrats.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information