Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

silver
    98 T/A ws6

need everybody to look at this

OK i'll just tell you what happened and give me your advise on what i can do.

On the 23rd of sept i took the T/A to get some tires at pep boys. well when i was in the office waiting i noticed that they were lifting it by the side skirts. I immediatly got a manager so that we could go look at the car while it was on the lift. while it was on the lift the manager and i noticed that the side skirts were pushed out and some of the clips were broken. when they lowered it he informed me to pull it out of the bay and pull it around front. well when i went to go get in it the bottom of the door caught a bit. i pulled it around from and the manager stated yeah that damaged, just get me 3 estamites on the damage. well I ( of course ) went to the dealership and had them look at it and they stated that the way they lfted the car that they broke more than 75% of the clips on the sideskirts and would have to replace the side skirts due to that they could not reattach the clips due to the way they were broken off. they also noticed that the front fenders were pushed up and causing the bottom portion of the fender to catch the doors. on the drivers side it actually caught the door skin enough to pull a bit of the door skin off. well from 3 different places they ALL stated the same thing and the damaged on the estimates were around 2800$. well i submited the estimates to the proper management at pep boys and he stated that he will have it submited. well about a month went by and i wanted to drive the T/a with out having to get in and out of it like a damn race car. So I took it to david at Dealers and he realigned the front fenders and fixed as much as he could on the side skirts so that they weren't flapping around. so on the nov 18th i called pep boys about the claim and they stated that there was NEVER one filed. so i went back to the store and talk to the manager and he submited it and wanted to look at the damage. i truthfully told him that i had some work already done to the car so that i could drive it. so he noticed that the pinch weld were bent and he took some pics and said that he will submit the claim. well the ins called me and took the recorded statement and said they would send me a letter. i have now recieved the letter stating that they DENIED the claim due to their through investigation. I called on Mon. and asked about why and the rep. stated that she looked at the noted and all it stated that it was denied by their dis manager and didn't know anything else. i asked for the rep that worked on the case and she stated that she was away from their desk and that she would leave a message and that i would be called back in 24hrs. well it was wed. and i called back and i get the same run around and here it is Sat. and no call back.

What should i do?????????

and if you have had damage done by them and they screwed you on it tell me about it so that i can build something up for the local new stations. email me them]

slammed_91mazda@cox.net

Thanks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

attorney time.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    99 SS

only thing you can do is sue them, sorry man

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

They are gambling that you will just go away. Its time to call their bluff and get serious with an attorney and bad publicity. Do you still have copies of the original 3 estimates? I hope you do!

Did you take pictures of all of the damage before anything was fixed?
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

silver
    98 T/A ws6

well the only thing that you can't see now is that i realigned the fenders. other than that the damage is still visable

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Take them to the fuckin' cleaners......

Awaiting Activation
    seems like everyone gets fucked when they go to a place like that. When my parents were getting new tires on their car sams club totally scratched the hell out of one of the rims. They paid for the new rim, but we had to go purchase it. What a pain in the ass. We had to go to the dealer order it then pick it up bring it back to sams club then wait months to get reimbursed. PAIN IN THE ASS.

Justin

Black
    2002 WS6

Dont back off

Hey dont back off they are waiting to see of you will simply go away. Stay on them and threaten/promise to get your attorney involved. Bottom line they damaged your vehicle they should pay for it. Trust me they will definately lose in a court of law, unless you wait too long to take action. Let me know what happens- (dchemical01@yahoo.com)

JR.

silver
    98 T/A ws6

yeah for sure. i just email 3 new stations in the local area. so i'll see if they bite. and i'm calling them on monday as well with the BBB

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

um not trying to be mean...but...are u new???? Its pretty well known that pep boys sucks ass ...i wouldnt let them work on my winter beater if they were doing it for FREEE .....take them to court.....call the newspaper....dont let them get away with this shit...goodluck man..and lesson learned..dont let anyone touch your car if u dont have to....i take my wheels off and bring them in 2 at a time to have tires put on

98 Formula
    06 duramax

get a lawyer. It would be nice to have some sort of documentation from the manager acknowledging the damage was done there. Talk to a lawyer and see what you can get them for. Seems there's a little mental anguish that should be added to the bill. I'm the last person to yell lawsuit and I've never sued anyone in my life but what they're doing is trying to screw you so I say fight fire with fire.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    dont let anyone touch your car if u dont have to....i take my wheels off and bring them in 2 at a time to have tires put on
    +1 I do ALL the work on my car myself, no wrenchmonkey touches my car except me.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Get a lawyer or at least tell them one will be in contact with them. They are hoping you will go away and do nothing

black
    97 6-speed corvette

Angry

Lawyer is your only answer...

I myself would of been a thorn in their side from the begining and pushed them to do what was right...but that doesn`t always work and then you have to go get a scum bag lawyer...

black
    85 suburban for now

and if the lawyer rout deosnt work get a bat and go beat the holy living $hit out of him

Mystic Teal
    01 Z28

Should have submitted it to your own insurance and you still may be able to ... they'll sue Pep Boys.

i got fkd the same way,best thing you can do next time is to refuse to pay the bill and call the cops to document the incident.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

had similar incident with my 96 t/a back in the day, I took it to my insurance company, got my car fixed and they sued the place, I didnt have to worry about a thing.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Black
    2005 GTO

You need to try and get the number of the district manager that denied your claim. Calling the store is going to do nothing just work your way up the chain get as many numbers as possible or higher ups and just keep calling about your claim.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

You should contact your own insurance-they may try to give you the run around also-but what are you paying them for. Either they will have to fix it and pay for it or they will get the money from the Pep Boys. Believe me they will get the money for you. Had a similar instance with a different car (not my Z thank gawd) where the perps decided to skip out on paying for the damage (shopping cart into door-caught red handed) after the fact. I contact my own insurance and gave them the info on the people. At first they tried to balk, but I said you need to fix my car either way so why not get the money from these people. I didn't have any more hassles after that. I mean your insurance can't hold this against you since you didn't do anything to damage the car-and they need to be there to back you up in court if they are worth a s&!t. Give it a shot. Let us know what happens.

Thread Information